Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Rat Trap Delivery Truck Bug

When I buy one Rat Trap Delivery Truck I always collect Two Bonus Levels and my experience points increase by 32545 points, which indicates that I’m getting 2,032,545 points per truck.

When I purchase four or more trucks though I don’t get double the bonus levels per truck. I’ve gotten anywhere from four levels to seven levels for four trucks and as few as ten levels for eight trucks.

The experience points increase by the appropriate number of trucks below 1,000,000- it just seems to not be able to keep track of the experience points above 1,000,000.

Anyone else have this problem?
  • It's the same on other items too if you earn a lot at once, I get it on book-burning mobiles, tiki bars and bloodmobles too, if I try to farm using them.
    I forget if I noted it at 3 or 4 million, but around there it gets confused and you get one less bonut round than you actually earned. Get a really high bonus and it's even worse.
    Usually it only loses one round a batch so at 2 mil a truck 2 trucks gets only 3 rounds but 3 trucks gets 5 and 4 trucks gets 7 and so on.
    In my main game one RTT is worth a little over 10 million XP, or 8 bonut rounds for the first truck !?!
    It's best to either keep it under 3 mil worth of XP and collect, then go and place a few more for another couple of rounds or cut your losses and put down a whole load and hope Bart doesn't show.
    I usually chuck down 24 trucks for 238 rounds and spend 15 minutes praying and collecting !!
    ( it takes even longer trying for the 3 Ds, but it's not worth the time or the cost of retries for me )
    When the game was first out the idea anyone could earn enough to get even 2 level ups was not an option, but with the increase in content and bonus items along with the introduction of the collider EA really need to go and find a ten year old at a local coding club and ask them to write a counter that copes !!
  • "1-Graham-S;c-2187266" wrote:
    EA really need to go and find a ten year old at a local coding club and ask them to write a counter that copes !!

Or just switch off (or give us the option to switch off) the cascading cash & XP animation cos that's what takes all the time, lag and dropouts.

• @TheRealTiminator - turning of that mess of floating XP and $$ icons would help speed it up but if it owes you more than 2 million XP including whatever is showing on the counter display and Bart pops up then you end up with a counter reset to zero and a singe apology bonut round.
    If I tap SkyFinger in my main town that alone earns me 32 million XP and if I manage to claim more than 6 bonut rounds before it goes pop and rips me off it's a good day.
    It's easy solved with a variable that remembers ALL earned XP and a While Loop to deal with paying rewards and depleting the total when that reward is added successfully.
    Meanwhile I'll add, code a toggle variable and an If Statement on the animations and add the control option on a fully upgraded IRS so any player who has tapped enough to finish that and knows what's what when they collect only has to worry about event currency and visitor alerts as they tap. Do that and I might be able to collect in my main town in under 45 minutes and I'd tap happy.
  • If you are at max IGC and have a decent bonus percentage, then skip RTTs and bloodmobiles. Buy a Krusty Oil Rig. Collect bonuts. Sale Oil Rig. Rinse and repeat. The lags and Bart screens don't factor in as much. I stumbled upon this earlier this year and it completely changed the way I farm for donuts. Each morning I hit the sky finger (wait for it to slowly collect all XP and then slowly go about collecting donuts) and then i buy/sale an Oil Rig. Collect those donuts and go about my day. The whole process is so much faster.
  • This has been noted before with Rat Trap Trucks. Switch to bloodmobiles. They do cost less and get less xp per items but they have the same return for dollar spent.
    Lobes06
    New Spectator
    I would pay billions for the option to have Skyfinger just award 2 donuts per level earned instantly, and cut out the bonut game entirely. I would gladly give up that extra donut per level for the time saved.

I get well over 50 bonut games each Skyfinger tap. Takes forever. And thats if it doesnt Bart-screen me.
  • I just looked at the math on that, 80k XP for $8 mil. That works out at $100 per XP compared with $10 per XP for a truck or tiki bar etc.
    In my A town a $6 mil spend would net me 54 mil XP and probably still mean 3 bonut rounds and a Bart screen whereas 6 RTTs would cost $675k and earn 60 mil XP. Still annoying when Bart shows up, but the cost in time is more of a blow than the lost IGC.
    To be fair, at max cash it's more the principal that matters. I'm fed up of feeling ripped off when only a fraction of the rewards I've bothered to go and earn are actually paid. I don't expect a 100% flawless connection to the server, just a counter that actually works.
    lucienleon519
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "vetinari1476;c-2187878" wrote:
    If you are at max IGC and have a decent bonus percentage, then skip RTTs and bloodmobiles. Buy a Krusty Oil Rig. Collect bonuts. Sale Oil Rig. Rinse and repeat. The lags and Bart screens don't factor in as much. I stumbled upon this earlier this year and it completely changed the way I farm for donuts. Each morning I hit the sky finger (wait for it to slowly collect all XP and then slowly go about collecting donuts) and then i buy/sale an Oil Rig. Collect those donuts and go about my day. The whole process is so much faster.

I haven't tried the rig yet but the World's Largest Zirconia is easy too. Yes poor XP:IGC return compared with RTTs, BMs etc but time saved makes it a good option for me. The diminishing returns is interesting and something I never noticed. TBH I gave up on RTTs when placing more than a handful triggered the Bart screen, and never went back to them.