Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Rockstar Maggie disappeared when it had a few days left!

That's happened with other Gil deals. Hopefully it'll get patched before the timer runs out. I wanted to get Teddy Roosevelt but he disappeared right away. He did come back before the deal expired but the timer was not reset to reflect the missing time. He had 6 days and when the glitch was fixed he had about a day or 2 left. So if/when she comes back I'd grab her right away. I did, and love her.
  • I hope she comes back, I really want her! Thanks for the info mate :)
  • I wanted to buy it as well. Please, EA, bring her deal back for the 2 remaining days.
  • I still haven't even seen the Gil duff gardens deal. Luckily, this time, I got Maggie as soon as the deal showed up.I've lost hope for EA fixing things like these.
  • alapalme wrote:
    I still haven't even seen the Gil duff gardens deal. Luckily, this time, I got Maggie as soon as the deal showed up.I've lost hope for EA fixing things like these.
    the duff gardens deal pops up once you complete the level 60 questline
  • I submitted a complaint to EA. Took them two days to reply, and the rep claimed that Gil is random (false) and couldn't be restored, then offered me 15 donuts for the inconvenience and suggested I file my complaint here on the forum (already done). I'm bummed, but I accepted the donuts.

I have a friend who hadn't logged in since Act 1 Day 1, before the Gil deal hit. When he logged in today, even with the Act 2 update download, the Gil deal still hit and is good for 1.5 days. Between this observation and other post references to previous Gil deals being restored, I call bologna on their "can't restore" response. I'm tempted to submit another complaint and see what happens.
  • Yeah I really hope EA brings back Rockstar Maggie. I was saving my Donuts when she came out because I wanted to buy her and the Frink bundle. Then she was nowhere, and it was a real bummer. It's the first Gil deal (besides Black Friday) that I was going to pull the trigger, hopefully she will be back on Act 3
  • Follow up to my previous post: I did contact EA again, this time by phone. Unfortunately the answer was the same: We can't fix it, only the content owners can do such a thing, and the only way to contact them is to post in the forum. So I moved over to the Bugs forum and added my voice to a pre-existing post for this topic there. Not much time for them to re-instate within the original timer, but will keep my fingers crossed.
  • oh I see. Thanks for your effort to try to bring Rockstar Maggie in our game. I hope somehow we are lucky and have her!
  • terrortwin42 wrote:
    Follow up to my previous post: I did contact EA again, this time by phone. Unfortunately the answer was the same: We can't fix it, only the content owners can do such a thing, and the only way to contact them is to post in the forum. So I moved over to the Bugs forum and added my voice to a pre-existing post for this topic there. Not much time for them to re-instate within the original timer, but will keep my fingers crossed.

Telling complainants to post here in the forum seems to be a time-honored way for the EA Helpdesk to get rid of those folks they don’t want to deal with. Sounds bogus to me.