Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Sending Gifts

Unfortunately there is no way. The only thing we've ever been able to give friends is eggs during whacking day. Would be nice if we could :-)
  • No gift feature at the moment I'm afraid but I reckon item gifting/trading is inevitable.
  • You could always send them an iTunes gift card code? I'm assuming you want to give them donuts?!
  • Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    Anyone can send me their Duff Racer if gifts become available. I would literally pay donuts for it.

I would totally give you mine, I don't really care for it anymore haha!
  • Actually its the 50 foot magnifying glass. They don't have the cash for it but have a really cool set up and need it to finish.
  • Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    bryantvb84 wrote:
    Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    Anyone can send me their Duff Racer if gifts become available. I would literally pay donuts for it.

I would totally give you mine, I don't really care for it anymore haha!

It's a deal! I totally have dibs on your Duff Racer if gifting is introduced and it hasn't been rereleased. 80 donuts sound good? :D

Sounds good to me. Just hit me up as soon as we can start gifting :D
  • Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    I can :D
  • What's the point of that? Getting Doughnuts and retired items I understand. But unlimited. That would make the game boring because It would not require you to work for things. I get so excited when I finally have enough money to buy the next building or item for a quest. At least until I made level 29 and the opportunity to buy stuff became limited so my money shot up. Now I just ae a few quests to complete and I'll have all buildings characters etc... except the retired ones which I want so bad.
  • ecneralc wrote:
    MichaelJ83 wrote:
    EA won't have this feature in the game because it is far too easy to get a hacked APK (Android) that allows unlimited donuts and expired/retired items/characters. It would mess up the EA's money ecosystem. Maybe if they patch the vulnerabilities then they will allow sharing.

Well this thread will probably be closed cause of that comment lol

Haha! It most likely will. But very good point from Michael
  • Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    I don't believe that the characters that are "retired" now are truly retired, I believe they will make a come back. There's a whole new generation of players who pay good money (such as myself) who would cough up donuts to unlock characters that have been available to those who've been playing since day one.

Of course this all stems from my jealousy of the veterans here who have all of the characters & skins. :)

But seriously, it's money in the bank for EA.

Right... I was hoping the Cool Brown House and other things I missed on by only DAYS would be available in the Yard Sale but would still pay donuts or be open to gifting if it was an option.
  • DukeEsqIII wrote:
    Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    DukeEsqIII wrote:
    I used to play Mafia Wars on FaceBook and this was something that they implemented towards the end of my run. The forum Trading section exploded with rare, good items going for a fortune. The average player didn't stand a chance from the people who had multiple accounts and just farmed the good stuff to trade. In the end it's just inviting people to have multiple Springfields to send themselves good stuff, as that's all I did with my second account on MW.

So you're part of the problem! :lol:

Nah I think if it's done right, it could work. That's the optimist in me talking.

Lol, yeah, I was. But only to keep up!!

Also, if you think about it there are no really useful items you earn to gift to people other than yourself. In MW you earned items by completing jobs that increased your attack and defense that aided you in fighting other people. In TSTO the only thing we earn are decorations. Sure, most of them increase your Multiplier but the good ones cost donuts, no game I have ever played allowed you to purchase the in game currency and gift it to someone. At least not a city building game like this. To me, the limited stuff is limited for a reason, it's to reward the people who have been playing longer and often. If they re-released every single item what * the point of logging in? The Cool Brown House/Respectable Moe/Fruit BatMan signal/Springfield Falls/Fat Tony (at first) were episode tie ins to get people to watch the show that week.

Items like these listed above though were episode tie in's.. some of us didn't know about the game and watched anyway. Literally missed the Cool Brown House by a couple of DAYS. Since I didn't register for the game until after it was no longer available, there's nothing they could do, but it doesn't mean I don't want it any less.

Fat Tony was released first for free, those who missed out can still get him when they get to level 28 and get his compound/legitimate business club. That's fine, free character with expensive building. I wouldn't expect things from Halloween to be re-released as the Treehouse of Horror is different every year and you had to take part. But a few older things would have been nice is all.