Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Sideshow Mel worthwhile?

You mean Sideshow Mel? He's got a few tasks as part of Krusty's quest-line, plus his own side-quest. Nothing spectacular, but it's still something.

I already had the studios, though. He's a good character, with nice tasks, plus he can go to Krustyland if you want. Up to you if that's worth 140 donuts. His basic quest line is a bit disappointing, though.

I should point out that he gets an extra 30 minute (visual) task if you also have the cannon. :)
  • I don't have sideshow Mel but I think he's definitely worth having. I almost had enough donuts to get him but I spent them on Krusty's mansion. I guess I'll have to wait a bit.
  • ZennGlenn wrote:
    Hmmm, all decent input; was interested to see if anyone was going to mention any unique / newly related tasks or info involved w/ Krusty ' s Roast, which was the reason I received the suggestion to add Mel :wink:

I believe Mel has only a couple of tasks in that quest line. I'm not sure where I am in the total storyline, but I think he's only done two jobs and nothing was outdoors. It's possible he may come back into it again, but it doesn't seem likely to me.
  • drosax1 wrote:
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    Getting the suggestion to add Sideshow Mel to enjoy the 'full Krusty Roast' & figured I'd ask for opinions... seems an ok possible purchase for $140 w/the film studios, but hadn't bothered yet & leaning towards saving for many mandatory Halloween purchases... Anyone really digging having him?

I say get the cannon as well if you do get him personally I like him he definitely was worth the 160(140 plus the20 for cannon). It's up to you though i think if you don't want the mansion wait until Halloween comes before deciding

the cannon is also a multiplier giving an increase to the entire town making it even more worthwhile...that .5% will add up over time to a nice number 8)
  • Krustyloo Studios is a great looking building. Especially when paired with the film set.