Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Springfield Downs experiment

I'd be up for doing this as I typically pick the same dog for about a week at a time and then switch it up.
  • I always pick drool Britannia and I have won atleast 4 times in the past week
  • My standard winners are usually one of top 3 favorites. And they come in different "groups", thats how i pick my dog and my win rates is something like 11 wins out of 14 bets during the week.
  • I always pick drool britania. Probably for like a year now. I win regularly.
  • I've picked Drool Britannia every race for the past 3 1/2 years....I don't keep track of the stats, it will be interesting to see what you find out!
  • Has it been proven whether or not the winner is selected before you pick a dog?

fwiw, I pick Not A Chance every time.
  • uglyduck1ing wrote:
    Would anyone care to join me in a little experiment?

All this month I have been only betting on one particular dog and I have been noting down the winnings each time. I plan to do this over the course of the next few months and was wondering whether anyone else would like to do the same and report back here at the end of each month. It would be interesting to see if everyone backing the same dog had the same outcomes and whether there are some dogs that do better than others on average.

Anyway, let me know.

I would be willing. I'm a blank slate because I stopped betting months ago. Couldn't be arsed. I did keep track of it for a while, though I do not remember my stats.

What sort of parameters are you looking at?
  • I play the 100-1 shot every time and win often. I'm sure I show a profit, and it's a hefty one when you win.
  • I'm game to help out with this experiment.

Tell me which dog you'd like me to bet on (assuming you are looking to have us cover all dogs between us) and I'll place a bet on it every day.
  • I will do Raised by Wolves and will record the odds of him winning and how much i lose (or win).
  • I've been betting on Drool Britannia everyday for 18 months and he's my doggie of choice. I seem to win more than I lose.

Drool Britannia FTW.