Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Springfield Heights Glitch and General Glitch

Has anyone else experienced a problem recently with Springfield Heights?
I've gotten a "Daily Reward" box and once I accept the first day's reward, my Springfield Heights tasks storage went to ZERO! This happened twice to me. Happened to me 5 days ago and happened to me again 30 mins ago.

Also, the top left corner character box does not work anymore. Once you tap on the character, it doesn't automatically bring you to the character and show you the task box.

These two issues all happened at the same time.
  • Many other players have the same problem:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues/p1
    "hobbesisreal;c-1935345" wrote:
    I posted this on the thread about this glitch but thought it might help here too......., it is important that you know that there are currently now two fixes for this issues:

• Roll Back Game To Last Working Day. Generally speaking EA will resist to restore any donuts / purchased or earned inventory items that you gained between the roll back date and the current day it is done.

The best way to approach this is to get them roll back your game IMMEDIATELY your game is broken so it is not a big deal of things you might have gained (and will loose) in that last 1-4 days. This small loss is not worth the fight, your game is fixed and move on.

This is often left to the compassion of the CS Rep you are working with. It is easier for them to say just wait for an update so you need to politely but firming insist to roll back your game now.

• The second fix is the REAL FIX.....there are now 3 people in this thread that EA has used the real fix for. It is when an EA rep finds the "bugged variables" and corrects them. Once done, the game works again without any loss of progress from a roll back. BUT for some reason 99.98% of CS EA reps do not know a real fix exists, let alone how do to it themselves. Again if you are soooo far along that rolling back and loosing months of donuts and inventory items is not a feasible option then you must remain firm (but always polite) that they find the real fix that has been applied now multiple times to players in this thread.

The best advice to achieve either one of the two fixes listed above that I can give is basically what has already been given by a few others in this thread.......

• ALWAYS Remain Polite...............You remain firm and polite at the same time. No matter how frustrated you get....no matter how incompetent the current EA CS rep that is working with you at the moment is...... NEVER loose your cool NEVER call them any names. If you use loose your cool and/or use any profanity many CS reps will immediately end your current discussion until you cool off (which truthfully I cannot fault them with).
    • Remain Firm........ I remained firm (but always polite) that there is a fix (and now two fixes) and it is not honest on their part to victimize the customer for their error (i.e. refuse to roll back my account for weeks then when they finally offered to do that they refused to restore the items they encouraged me to buy with real world money and time earned in events because they felt it was too many items because they stalled too long).
    • Do Not Give Up...... It was due to my persistence that finally got me to an EA CS Rep that actually cared enough (or simply knew enough) to take the time to find a way to fix my game the right way. Be mentally prepared that you will go through more than 10 EA CS reps and may take several weeks or months as in my case. I personally went through probably at least 15-20 reps over a 4 month period.
    • I personally advise to also spread the word and make this glitch and the fact there is a REAL FIX as publicly known as possible. If you are involved in other TSTO forums, share it there. Make your voice heard here in this forum. The bigger the spotlight on EA hopefully the more they will simply share the REAL FIX with their own employees to resolve this issue with players so we can turn off the spotlight on them.

• hobbesisreal I have tried this but EA insist this option does not exist, please give details of EA advisor that gave you this option. Thank you