Forum Discussion

9 years ago

The slowness of collecting Obols

Currently I'm at 50/100 in Level 4 of the Yard and have 140 Obols in the bank. I'm waiting until I have 300 Obols so I can level up and get the Catacombs at the same time.

I know the amount of obols for later prizes has been increased, but that doesn't help now.

I have about 15,000 film so I don't feel behind on the film front. But why do I feel behind on Obols? Do things Get Better?!

• "airjordanlives;1472129" wrote:
    how do you pronounce this word anyway? im saying o-balls and it makes me laugh

I believe it's pronounced with a silent L
    Such as Obo.

• "kymagirl;1472150" wrote:
    Thankfully there's a YouTube video for those of us who do not how to pronounce obol
    https://youtu.be/qbC0PHdTFfk

Well don't I feel stupid, there was me saying obol just the once when it turns out it's pronounced obolobolobolobol
    smohqy
    New Spectator
    "ArmpitAttack;1472225" wrote:
    the main thing about these coins isn't what country they're from but that they were placed in the mouths of the dead. To help in the afterlife is usually the reason for coins on eyes and in mouths, to pay their passage into the underworld. Non-Sexual.

The dead would use the obol under their tongue to pay Charon (Kha-ron). Charon is the ferryman who boated the dead across the rivers Styx and Acheron in Hades.

• "smohqy;1472273" wrote:
    "ArmpitAttack;1472225" wrote:
    the main thing about these coins isn't what country they're from but that they were placed in the mouths of the dead. To help in the afterlife is usually the reason for coins on eyes and in mouths, to pay their passage into the underworld. Non-Sexual.

The dead would use the obol under their tongue to pay Charon (Kha-ron). Charon is the ferryman who boated the dead across the rivers Styx and Acheron in Hades.

great info, knew what odols were but didn't know about the ferryman. interesting :)

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,400 PostsLatest Activity: 5 hours ago