Forum Discussion

6 years ago

This Was Punishment For Complaing About the Wheel

... wasn’t it.

I’m mean lord have mercy this seems like a lazily planned event.
  • "TheJuiceLoosener;c-2025137" wrote:
    "mallratcal;c-2025131" wrote:
    I like that I don't have to grind resources for decorations.

That's true for us but newer players have nothing to decorate with so far. There aren't any igc decorations to buy either. They're all in 50 donut bundles. Not very festive for new tappers.

You're right, I didn't think of the newbies. It's weird that there aren't any decorations you can buy with cash.
  • I’ve been playing this game for years; right from the start. It’s been a long while since we have had new items (for Halloween and Christmas). They just keep recycling decorations and items. While it’s great for newbies, the players who have been with this game the longest consistently get ignored. I’m not leaving the game; I’ve spent a lot of money and time - but I’m bored.
  • Maybe 4junk3000 works for EA. He certainly is taking a few posts of displeasure, personally.

Unfortunately, the vocal minority has been listened to. The events used to be just all one storyline but people rushed to the end of the storyline with donuts and then complained that it was boring to have nothing to do. So EA gave us the 3 act format. People complained about crafting and how long the events were, so now we have 4wks with nothing to do. Just send everyone on the 4 hr task and repeat.

Those people would've hated Stonecutters. Every task was a different length, involved different characters and you had to correctly answer questions in order to properly task your town folk. THAT was a different event. That was fun. This is dull. It's not quit-worthy but it's not the answer to overly long events with forced bonus areas.

A return to neighbor involvement might be one way to go.
  • "Ohtori;d-236026" wrote:
    ... wasn’t it.

I’m mean lord have mercy this seems like a lazily planned event.

If this is the gameplay for the entire event, then F for effort. But I'm holding out hope.
  • "mallratcal;c-2025146" wrote:
    "TheJuiceLoosener;c-2025137" wrote:
    "mallratcal;c-2025131" wrote:
    I like that I don't have to grind resources for decorations.

That's true for us but newer players have nothing to decorate with so far. There aren't any igc decorations to buy either. They're all in 50 donut bundles. Not very festive for new tappers.

You're right, I didn't think of the newbies. It's weird that there aren't any decorations you can buy with cash.

You can buy additional chestnut carts for cash afyer you get the 3 on the prize track. It's a little something!
  • "leepierce27;c-2025139" wrote:
    "4junk3000;c-2025067" wrote:
    A second thread to complain about the event on the first day?

You really are some entitled whiners.

This event looks like the first phase is to help out noobs. There's a lot of bundles with stuff new players have been asking for.

If you're some five year vet, and you're all butt hurt because they didn't craft some fancy new game just for you, THEN LEAVE. DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA.

you people act as if you're the only players that matter. Plenty of newer players have no problem with this event. The whining is coming from crabby vets who have no right to complain as long as donut farming is allowed. You're getting everything for free, so shut up!

We’re not, though. I personally have gladly spent $600+ This YEAR on the game. I love supporting the community and as a Whale, I think we should be entitled to a bit more effort for our money. I wouldn’t complain as much about this game if they delivered what we all know they’re capable of delivering on a normal basis. We were all around for the stonecutters update- that isn’t difficult to emulate. Casual players come and go but us loyalists should be the ones they cater to. That means a more immersive experience, trivia questions, group prizes bringing back prizes for interactivity... totally doable.

While I can see and understand your point, this is what the forum has asked for. For years people whined and cried about the events being either too tough, or not long enough. They complained that they couldn’t breeze through it and complete everything and hoard stuff.... so EA responded. The complainers demand easy, canned events, and that’s what they got.

I do agree with you though. I would love to see some of the original ideas for events come back and spice things up. I really enjoyed the first couple years of events, not that I don’t like the current.

But I completely agree with 4junk3000. People will never be happy because the event wasn’t catered to their sole, specific desires, and they are more than willing to tell everyone exactly how displeased they are about it....kinda reminds me of the JoshShearer days, when everything was just the absolute worst, even when he got his way.
  • My only qualm is that it feels like a mini event back to back. It doesn’t feel like a BIG one.

I liked the original events from the beginning, with the addition to craft items because it was fun. Or at least buy the items with new ones here and there.
  • I would love to see some neighbor involvement!

Though...I may have to get some active neighbors for that... :/