Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Unidentified prospectors

Yeah, it's a glitch that was supposedly fixed.
I also tap prospectors and get different names with each tap of the same prospectus.
  • Before tapping on the prospector try visiting a friends town and returning. Its a pain but that is what works for me.
  • I have never seen a name on any of the prospectors I have tapped on.
    I think it is probably the most active friends that drops them so I just use the ingame leaderboard and drop my prospectors in the towns of the players that is at the up of the leaderboard.
  • Fingerpopping58 wrote:
    I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem - although tapping on prospectors in my town gets the badges/guns/hats, about 30% of the time I don't get the neighbour's name. With limited numbers of prospectors to drop into neighbours' Springfields I concentrate on neighbours who've dropped prospectors into my Springfield. Apologies to friends if you think I'm being unfriendly for not returning the favour. :oops: :oops:

I've had the same issue, going to try friend visit before tapping prospectors

sorry to my friends also, about 1/2 of my prospectors aren't giving names, I've been trying to get everyone that is leaving prospectors

Edit: i have tried twice since i posted this and worked both times
    thanks amazonprimechic for the info
  • amazonprimechic wrote:
    Before tapping on the prospector try visiting a friends town and returning. Its a pain but that is what works for me.

This works for me almost 100% of the time. First thing I try to do when I open my town is go to the friends' screen, then back. If I am lazy and don't do that, usually there are no names on the prospectors.
  • I was getting friends names until the last update, now I dont get any names.
    I'll try the going to friends idea and see if it works....I like to try to sendback to friends who send to me and not knowing makes that impossible.
  • I, too, have had this problem since day one of this event. Unfortunately for me it's been more like 90% of the time the name is not shown for prospectors dropped in my town. Like others have said, sorry to my neighbors, because I like to reciprocate to those who drop prospectors in my town. Best way for me to be fair, I stockpile about 125 prospectors, then drop 2 in each of my neighbors' towns. Maybe it'll get figured out sometime! Hehehe! :thumbup: :thumbup: