Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Watch the Skies!

KrustyBrand wrote:
How closely this forum is or is not monitored by our EA overlords has always been a topic of debate. I thought I'd pass along the following as a possibly relevant data point.

About an hour or so ago some relative noob, posting in the Game Status section, outlined a program glitch that allowed gamers to, in essence, purchase an unlimited number of premium items. It wasn't a hack like those touted by individuals with jail-broken devices, but was a in-game procedure that supposedly could be followed by anyone. It was fairly complicated, but it sort of had the ring of truth. Sadly, I couldn't test it because the operation required the user to have two or fewer donuts as a prerequisite. (At present I have quite a few more than that.)

And -- this is the interesting part -- now the thread is gone. Barely an hour after i first saw it. I had it bookmarked, but clicking the link takes one to the all-too-familiar "topic does exist" page. Hmmm.

The Phantom Mod strikes again.
  • Someone probably flagged it, I remember right before the Thanksgiving update there was a glitch with donuts and that thread lasted forever.

I just looked and the thread I was talking about is still there.
  • zuzupj wrote:
    Someone probably flagged it, I remember right before the Thanksgiving update there was a glitch with donuts and that thread lasted forever.

I just looked and the thread I was talking about is still there.

Yes but that was theme related, they can switch that glitch off, this is an everyday loophole. More reason to keep it hidden.
  • True, but I still think it disappeared because it was flagged.
  • zuzupj wrote:
    True, but I still think it disappeared because it was flagged.

You're probably right. How fun a secret mod and a snitch. Pfff
  • Okay if this has anything to do with that video I just snoozed through, then it is no different than the Thanksgiving one.
  • waltercartman wrote:
    Is it the one that has something to do with the farm?

There are a lot of them out there. But really who cares if you want to cheat in this game just jb your phone. Easy as that.

Does it really matter at this point?

I don't really keep up on all of the potential cheats for the game. I've never really understood why so many folks are interested in that; kinda robs the game of its enjoyment if you ask me. As I said, what really interested me was the nuking of the post in question.

In any case, this was a new one -- at least new to me. Maybe not for others here on the forum. Without getting too specific, it was a sequence of events involving, in part, the scratch offs, the net result of which was that the user ended up with a negative number of donuts. That state of affairs, at least according to this poster, allowed the user to "buy" premium items until the app was closed out (which reset the number of donuts to its proper number). Sorry to be vague, but I don't want to get myself into trouble ... or cause the deletion of *this* thread. Besides, if the poster was being honest, the glitch will be patched soon anyway.
  • chelsea0790 wrote:
    Gonna tell myself it doesn't work.. after endless googling about golden scratch r glitches I cant find anything.

I dunno I wouldnt mind free donuts, after getting 1 donut each time for 3 bonus levels in a row and hearing how everyone else is getting 100~ donuts :(

You can spend up to $100k at the bonus level up to make sure you get the maximum 3 donuts.
  • So a moderator removes an in-game exploit? That's too funny. How about reporting the problem to the developers so they can look into it and possibly fix it?

While you're at it, how about cleaning up the lot of junk around these forums instead of trying to stop people from using an IN-GAME glitch which they can find with a simple Google search?