Ideas

meganvanmilo
New Spectator
3 months ago
Laundry List

Can't switch between Sims

Since today's update (july 23rd 2024), my game has frozen three separate times. It starts with not being able to switch to other household members, after that I can't have my selected sim do any activities. At that point I'll usually save and then go to manage worlds to see if that fixes it, but instead of going to manage worlds, my game just loads forever until I force quit. I don't have any mods (I play vanilla), no CC, I restarted my PC after the first two times it happened, but then it happened again. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title fit bug report at AHQ

• Important update as promised: The new save is bugged too. I played for about fifteen minutes in the brand new save this evening before I became unable to switch to other household members, couldn't get the selected Sim to do anything, and had to force quit because just exiting the game does not work. Please fix this, I'm very upset :(

larcla3
    New Spectator

I'm having the same issue! It only happens to me when playing with infants (I think?). I can try my way around the bug by pausing and resuming the game, then it switches, but that doesn't work forever. When the Sims are stuck doing nothing it is possible to "reactivate" them by placing objects into them in building mode, but eventually building mode becomes bugged too and Sims are still moving in it (it stops working). The game seriously is unplayable like this, it's no fun at all! 

mmurrhee
    New Spectator

I am having the same problem.  It started after the latest update.  I have no CC and I have stopped and restarted  the game multiple times as well as fixing it several times.  I hope they fix this soon.  It is so frusterating that I can't even play it for several minutes before  this happens.

• I’m the exact same. I hadn’t played for a little while. It was working fine for a couple of hours yesterday and then all of a sudden this started happening. I can’t switch between characters and if I fast forward time, it will appear to be going forward whilst my characters are stuck in a loop of whatever action their in, then I go back to normal speed and the time jumps back to whenever it was stuck. Then I try and save and exit the game and it’s stuck on the blue screen with all of the different messages that go in rotation and my only way out is to force close the whole laptop. It won’t even let me load up task manager to try and force close just the game. It’s so frustrating because I brought my first ever bundle of dlcs yesterday and was existed to play them, especially given there are events like the grim reaper going on at the moment which I wanted to do and now can’t! 

amor02
    New Spectator

Same here. I only noticed it since the most recent update. I noticed it was only an issue when I had infants/toddlers in the household. It seems to be fixed once I aged them up to a child. So, for me anyway, there does seem to be a temporary fix thankfully, but still so annoying.

zcvoftk5r20i
      New Spectator

Now that you point it out I realize that its the same thing for me! it only happens when i have infants (and toddlers, i think, but i cant quite remember if it also happened with them).

audrianne
      New Spectator

I think you're right, I just aged my sim into an infant and this happened to me immediately 

• This has been happening to me all day today. It's driving me INSANE.

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 2 hours ago