jennasurette
New Spectator
2 months ago
Not A Bug

Inclusivity?

I was excited to see the Sims adding new relationship titles to be more inclusive of everyone but in doing so they've excluded a huge population of players who prefer to use the traditional terms boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife? Is this a bug? Should all terms be listed or were the traditional terms fully removed on purpose? I've never in my life referred to my significant other as a spouse or partner so now I'm feeling less emerged in my gameplay especially when it comes to dialog referring to my couples. I don't see why the game can't have all of the titles if this isn't the original plan? That would be more inclusive would it not? There's no mods out there to help me with this yet so I really do hope it's a bug and will be fixed soon! Just add them back please! Include everyone!

• You can just set your own labels under the new relationship menu. Whatever you prefer can go there.

It's def not a bug.

jpkarlsen
      Rising Adventurer

You misremember. It is possible to specify custom pronouns but for relationships you are stuck with what they now feel that you should refer to your wife/husband as. I don't understand why they didn't just add Spouse to the relationship dropdown in the name of inclusion instead of deliberately choosing to exclude everyone that would prefer they could still call their wife their wife and their husband their husband. But you are right since it was done deliberately it definitely is not a bug so belongs in feedback.

• I was referring to the custom relationship label but I haven't really tried it out. Seems both of the relationships show in the profile so it's not really replacing it.

Still not a bug though and something for the feedback forum.

jennasurette
      New Spectator

Thank you for pointing out this feature, I have yet to come across it. Is this custom relationship label part of the Lovestruck pack? Or was it added in the general game update? I have everything up to horse ranch and I'd rather not put more money into the game just to get my husband back to my husband... I hoped it was a bug because I just figured with them advertising inclusivity it wouldn't have been at the expense of others inclusion in the game.