Ideas

marilynmonhoe88
New Spectator
3 days ago
New

Update buggy

After the recent update my game does not work. I can open the house I want to play from the opening menu, but I cannot switch characters, or interact with objects. When I try to exit the house to view the town the game just stays on the loading screen and doesn't go further. Also, I have to end the game through task manager to exit. The game wont close when I try to close from the game menu; it just stays on the loading screen... Why is it that EVERYTIME they do an update SOMETHING doesn't work.. The game was working fine, then they do this update and now I can't play my game. It's frustrating for me/people who don't have much free time to play; I finally get a chance to log in and BOOM- UPDATE... Now the game doesn't work.. WHY?! 😭😭

-Frustrated Mom, with no free time. 

NeutrinaEditora
    Seasoned Newcomer

Yes!!!!!! I feel the same way with the same problems, every update breaks the game😭😞

kirastancil
    Seasoned Newcomer

I've been having this same issue and so far nothing has helped to fix it.

moahellgrens
    Seasoned Newcomer

Oh, good i’m not the only one… I have tried EVERYTHING the last 2 hours but my Sims never starts correct and things stop working.. all after the update last night.. sooo annoying!! 

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

These updates test the game that you are playing.  Make sure everything in your game is updated, that's the best that you can do, the rest is on EA.

moahellgrens
        Seasoned Newcomer

Yeah I don’t know. I can’t find any other updates. And immediately I open the game and press ”technical support” ex it dosen’t even open a new window for that in my internet. Can’t even shut down the game correct..

K4RM4Luv
    New Spectator

Are you using any lot traits or lot challenges? I also just had this problem and I started testing things, removing my lot traits and challenges allowed me to unbrick the game!

I had the lot traits:
    Homey, Convivial, and Natural Well
    I had the lot challenges:
    Off-The-Grid, Simple Living, Wild Foxes, and Wild Prairie Grass

Hope this helps! I was extremely frustrated when it first happened to me too :)

• I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else with this new update. EA suggested renaming the folder for being stuck on the loading screen and when I did that, it completely wiped my game. All of the characters and houses I've saved but haven't added to the gallery have been deleted. 

CherryyM
    New Spectator

Same issue, I hope we can find a solution very soon

NeutrinaEditora
    Seasoned Newcomer

We always need an Update to fix the latest update, it's the never ending story...🤪

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 26 minutes ago