Forum Discussion

casuallyawkwardd
Seasoned Newcomer
8 days ago

Account Banned On Steam Forums

Hello all,

I am currently dealing with an issue and am struggling to get into contact with someone who can help with it. The issue is actually on the Steam app, but when I went to them to fix it, they said they were unable to and to contact the developer directly to fix it. However, EA has not provided me with the help I need, rather they have just sent me into a loophole of "frequently asked questions", when really what I need is to speak with a person. I went to BioWare to see if they could help, but the link they gave sent me back to EA to a page that no longer existed. I'm posting this half hoping a moderator or something could see it, but if anyone knows where to actually talk to someone here I'd much appreciate.

EA_Illium
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hey casuallyawkwardd

To confirm are you getting a message that you're banned from using Steam forums? If so the info SofaJockeyUK shared is correct. 

I just wanted to confirm you don't get a "Banned" message after you launch an EA game from steam. 

• I've asked around. If you have a Steam forum / Steam app issue, then that really sits with Steam to address.

For EA issues, the correct route is to go to help.ea.com

But in this case, I do not believe that would help, because if the issue is with Steam, that really is for Steam support to resolve. EA support literally can't assist as they have no control over Steam.