Forum Discussion

DominoBean21
New Novice
2 months ago

Suggestion: Ability to Set Nickname

Coming from the sims forums, its a little strange to now have the forum name be the same as my EA ID. I'm not a fan as I'd much rather have them be separate. Could there possibly be the option to set a forum nickname or change our forum name to something other than our EA ID?

Sprottenham
    Seasoned Adventurer

I think there should be an option to send a message to a forum administrator to have the same username as one had on the old forums if it isn't already. I don't think it should be an option for users to change the username all on their own to set a limit to how often it can be done, so that people can remain recognizable. Which of course brings me to avatars.. ;)

DominoBean21
      New Novice

Perhaps similar to how Steam does it that your display name can be different to your username. Initially it starts as the same as your username (EA ID) but you can request a forum admin change the display name to your preferred name. 

• I think the EA ID is best way because that means one nick for everything (App, Gallery, AHQ, Forums)
    but it would be nice if people could use their old nicks if they are clearly taken by themselves

signatures I am on fence about I'd rather improve bio and give that to everyone 
    which could serve as spot to write your old nicks too

for the rest of signature stuff (links, pictures, favourite discussions) I'd rather they let us customize profile page
    Avatars are must though, bigger, square, not pixelated, available for everyone. no fun locking it to specific members.
    and its very hard to tell apart people when everyone has same few avatars.