Forum Discussion

recipe87
New Rookie
20 days ago

A Nhl game without hitting again ...

How is it even possible to manufacture a hockey game without real hitting ? How is it even possible to manufacture such a bad game when whe had good nhl games from nhl 23 and back  ? The controls and the hitting system i completly destroyed . This is not hockey 

NeonSkyline21
    Seasoned Vanguard

What are you saying? Dudes are averaging 14 hits a game in Online Versus. Teams are absolutely exploiting the CRAP out of hip checks in WoC. 

Nammer604
    Seasoned Rookie

I think hitting is fine. It's not as effective as 24 was where hitting was unrealistic. You need to line people up properly and actually skate into it with speed. Last year, you just ran into people and demolished them with little to no speed. Size definitely plays a factor

phomi99
    Seasoned Scout

It's terrible. I'm just gliding through people because no one can hit me. It's insane I'm at 14-16min of TOA on average in HUT. You know it's bad when people are using hipchecks instead of body checks. Normally I would get pissed off at people spamming hipchecks but now I don't blame them.

Like I've said before it needs better aim assist just like passing has aim assist. For the ones saying "it's fine" those are the ones that never wanted hitting because they never liked dealing with the consequences of being hit.

Stubo_NHL24
    Rising Adventurer

Its far more realistic than it was last year. And I still think its a bit OP. 

You have to line up a perfect hit if you want to take a player out.  Not every hit should mean you take a player out the game.  

Player size also comes into play this year. You ain't going to take out an enforcer with a small speedy forward anymore. 

Its what the vast majority people were asking for, no?

I am struggling to adjust to the new style of playing the game but I'm enjoying trying to get better.  

• Hitting this year is not fine its terrible but better than nhl 24 . NHL 23 and the  Nhl games before that had good hitting but this new hitting and controls is only good for the ones that dont like hitting , its relly sad its like a Corvette with a 4 cylinder engine