Forum Discussion

drmdawson18
Newcomer
10 hours ago

Everything

First of all I’d like to say I’ve been an ea nhl player since the beginning. Pre control stick and all…. And I’d like to point out I’ve never been as disappointed in a new release as I am with NHL 25. Where to start. First and foremost the gameplay alone is slow motion and sloppy.  I play a lot of world of chel, was hoping that maybe this year we’d get some dressing room animations. Possibly sitting in a room while waiting to start ( just a simple idea). When matching games it doesn’t match number of players anymore so it’s a **bleep** show of playing out numbered with terrible ai or vice versa. The hits, shots, skating is all sloppy and worse than previous years. Overall just a let down of a game especially when it seems like it took a step backwards. I guess that’s what happens when ea doesn’t copy and paste. Maybe stick to what you’re good at and pump out the same game every year at least you won’t butcher it. I’d like to think that’s all but that’s just the only gameplay I’ve actually tried. I’m sure it’s all a joke 

RoyLegato77
      Seasoned Newcomer

If you want to play slower, play soccer. Ice hockey is a fast game, not chess. 

RoyLegato77
      Seasoned Newcomer

I suggest that you should play soccer then. Hockey is supposed to be a fast game, not a slow one. Its not chess.

RoyLegato77
    Seasoned Newcomer

I fully agree! Game is slo-mo - you could compare it with soccer. Even the baseball players in "The Show" run faster than the skaters skate in NHL25. Hitting is terrible! When trying to hit a player, your own player moves aside. I mean, what the heck?? Just way too many things to critizise. I just have the feeling, that you, as a player, are not under FULL control of whats happening, and thats not what it's supposed to be like. I already stopped playing 25 and went back to 24. Really sad. In 24 i have gathered 670 points and rank something like 3k. I was even able to beat way better players every now and then. In 25 I lose every damned game.