Forum Discussion

Serrecchia99
Newcomer
4 hours ago

NHL 26 early wishlist (let’s make NHL great again)

First off I will say nhl 25 is actual a huge step up im liking it so far , but it’s missing some details to feel complete.. 

1. full presentation needs to return and add more to what we had in the past games
  2. In edit player menu have the ability to change the color of sticks and gloves (nhl 2k had this) and now players have been customizing their own as well. Customizable tape job (adjust length on shaft and blade and not have it preset) And add the ability to edit goalie masks. 
  3. hitting and collisions need to be tweaked to more realism.

Franchise: 

1. be able to control more than one team
  2. able to scout and sign players from other leagues(I.E europe) 
  3. Real coaches or at least customizable coaches
  4. A customizable GM character,  have conversations be shown like it is in fifa where your Gm Meets the player. 
  5. office similarly to dynasty mode in nhl 2004 
  6. On the hub where we get details of what went on in other games we can see highlights (either by clip or a screen shot) with description such as ‘stamkos nets a hat trick in last nights win’ and a small clip or screen shot showing stamkos scoring his 3rd goal.

Be a pro: 

1. change up the whole be a pro game mode make it more like life the life. 
  2. ability to use NhL players to continue their career or an nhl legend
  3. Street clothes for off days and make it interactive.
  4. If I buy a condo or a house i want to actualy see my self living in it. Same with the car we get, be able to drive around (a small map) and not just be a attribute boost.
  5. Pond hockey pick up games you can walk to or drive to when you leave your ‘house’ 
  6. Call it a ‘hall of fame room’ similar to skybox 2k had in nhl2k5 where you had the Stanley cup and other interactive stuff and unlockables. 
  7. Be able to decide to start from being drafted at 18 or create a 30 year old forward who just signed with an nhl team etc.. 
  8. more interactive with teammates and coaches and GM
  9. list of teams you want to be traded to etc..

extras 

1. add winter classic and all star game (skills + game) both as a play now mode and also in franchise and be a pro.
  2. player retiring playing their last game get a ovation from crowd. Announce the player will retire 1 game before their last 
  3. skate with the cup (playoff mode, season mode , franchise and be a pro)
  4. Tweak the fighting engine and allow more than one fight  happening at once. 

this is a lot of an ask, but if we can get half of these implemented we are definitely heading Into greatness with NhL games.

• I like where your heads at Serrecchia99

The presentation, little interactive experiences, and special events is what is lacking from these games. I know I appreciate the stuff that would make it feel more real and engaging. I especially miss the NBC Sports collaboration with Doc and Eddie being on screen prior to the game.

trunkfu
    Seasoned Novice

Full presentation - make matches more of a TV experience - creating stories before the game. Players who are hot, cold, milestones, interesting stats, recent results etc... Show the best actions of each player during the match. Something that was in the NHL 17/18 i think????

integration ECHL and IIHF WJC, IIHF WC to Franchise.

Goalie masks editor - or custom gear editor - option create custom goalie equip on existing brands (like. Ulmark, UPL, Shesterkin etc...)

• Don’t Forget About the Crazy Player Revolving door in Be a Pro Mode, by Year 2 You have Crosby on The Red Wings, Ovi on the Sharks, McDavid on Panthers, Etc Etc. Why are the Teams Trading everyone That Doesn’t make Sense??? 

trunkfu
    Seasoned Novice

and one more thing for people like me who don't simulate matches. We need goalie injuries either during the match or during the continue to the match on hub screen. Because right now i havent any reason for trying goalies from AHL.

a1xFREAKx13
    Seasoned Newcomer

would love EA to allow us to submit Logos to be used in NHL 26, would also like an overhaul of the gameplay and hitting, im an old school skill stick guy and just have no desire to use total controls my sticks on my controller take a beating with the down up hitting and constantly pressing the left stick in to skate ruins the left sticks. other then that 25 is a step in the right direction for the first time in 7 yrs.