Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Arena Match-making

Forgive me if this is talked about somewhere else but my search and a look through these 4 pages didn't show this topic. I've thought about this before but am also bringing it up on behalf of a few users who've touched on it or PMed me with similar observations/ideas (look at this guy, trying to throw his weight around).

I've had a couple conversations with people now and wondering what my fellow jedi-brainiacs might do if I sparked this conversation.

Goal: Trying to help players who've spent more or played 'smarter' to feel their advantage in Arena.

Potential 'issue'/reason for desired change: You often find yourself facing people in arena who seem to have far better fill-in-the-blank (mods & gear mostly) than you, and it has been felt (though not officially confirmed) that we're placed into arena servers based on our start date.

If that is in fact the case, how hard would a rework be that took a match-making calculation that included things like gear and mods and placed you in a new 'bracket' (which I'm thinking would be cross-server) against players 'closer' in 'ability'? Thinking like a 'fresh' or refreshed server placement maybe monthly or every other week...something similar to an Elo rating system

Please forgive me for coming at this with very little tech-knowledge and likely using the wrong terms.

Discussion points:
What do you all with more computer/math knowledge think about this in terms of a probable solution for desired effect?

Is this asking for loads of work that I don't understand?

Are there better solutions?

Have I completely confused/misrepresented this mechanic as an issue?

Thanks to all for your time. :)
No RepliesBe the first to reply