Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Bad Batch S1:E9 Chat (SPOILERS)

Let's chat about the latest episode.

Spoiler
The Kaminoans are fracturing over Omega (and whether to kill her). Will this lead to their undoing?
Fennec and Cad went at it.
Omega showed some resourcefulness, got reunited with the Bad Batch, and is technically the closest thing to a sibling Boba Fett has, so that's pretty interesting.
Todo had the funniest line of the show with his "ohhhhh. Uh oh" moment.
  • "V01D;c-2274202" wrote:
    "Chucko_marek;c-2274097" wrote:

I hope Omega becomes a stand alone character. Would be cool to see the Bad Batch show up in either the Mandalorian or Book of Boba Fett.

It would be awesome to see the bad batch but I'm pretty sure they'd be quite old/dead from old age at that point. Unless they are able to stop the accelerated aging somehow.

Don't forget that we saw young Kanan in the show and in Rebels we had a few episodes with Rex and the gang when he was grown up.
  • "V01D;c-2274202" wrote:
    "Chucko_marek;c-2274097" wrote:

I hope Omega becomes a stand alone character. Would be cool to see the Bad Batch show up in either the Mandalorian or Book of Boba Fett.

It would be awesome to see the bad batch but I'm pretty sure they'd be quite old/dead from old age at that point. Unless they are able to stop the accelerated aging somehow.

Rex was at the Battle of Endor. If the Kaminoans could accelerate aging, it makes sense that they could stop it too.
  • "Xcien;c-2274234" wrote:

I’m pretty sure Rex was still alive, so why not the Bad Batch.

Rex would have been about 74 during the battle of Endor and 84 at the start of the Mandalorian season 1. The Bad Batch were cloned 1 year after Rex from what I could find. I believe they could all be alive and would love to see them in live action. However, they'd still be pretty old at that point.
  • "V01D;c-2274531" wrote:
    "Xcien;c-2274234" wrote:

I’m pretty sure Rex was still alive, so why not the Bad Batch.

Rex would have been about 74 during the battle of Endor and 84 at the start of the Mandalorian season 1. The Bad Batch were cloned 1 year after Rex from what I could find. I believe they could all be alive and would love to see them in live action. However, they'd still be pretty old at that point.

If Rex could still fight, then why why couldn’t the Bad Batch?
  • Rex would have been about 74 during the battle of Endor and 84 at the start of the Mandalorian season 1.

You mean not **actually** 74/84, but rather that Rex's body was in the shape of a 74 year old/84 year old, right?
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2274589" wrote:

You mean not **actually** 74/84, but rather that Rex's body was in the shape of a 74 year old/84 year old, right?

Correct. He'd only been "alive" for around 37 years. Since they age around 2x the speed, his body would be around the 74 year mark.
  • "CaroCanon;c-2273722" wrote:
    My friend (who also has a biology degree) suggested a crispr like situation in which the Y chromosome is deactivated in the embryo (not sure exact timing, my degree is in economics). I dunno if a single X chromosome would result in a girl, but she seems to be mostly prepubescent so presumably any fertility issues won’t have been noticed yet.

Also dunno if this would impact “purity” but…who knows. It doesn’t have to be perfect, technology is different in canon.

And I read some interview where (I think Filoni) said hyper speed travels at the speed of plot.

Or... plot twist, omega is a copy of Jango and so a genetic male, but has been referred to as a girl since the start. As she's a kid, it's still hideable.

Then she hits puberty, realises the disconnect and decides to be a genetic male identifying as a girl. Disney diversity squad happy and its just side enough to not have the woke background define the character, which is good for the mass audience.