Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Can't Promote Guild Member

Hey everybody. I'm am the guild leader and to make a long story short I want to be able to identify the first 10 members of my guild so that I know who has been in the guild the longest. I've decided to promote them to officers to make it easier to identify them. Two questions actually. The first is that I am having a problem promoting the first member to officer as it says I can't promote them. Why? They are a Mol Eliza if that makes a difference. The second question is are there any downsides to promoting people? Can they do anything that I wouldn't want them to do? I spent quite a bit to get this guild so I would like to keep it as long as I can. Can officers get rid of me as guild leader?
  • Any idea why I wouldn't be able to promote somebody? Like I said the best idea I've got is that they are a Mol Eliza but that doesn't seem like the problem to me. Any ideas?
  • Closing this necro thread but will answer @jaws5746 first:

If a member is Mol Eliza, they made be underage and will not be able to see the in-game chat nor be eligible to promote to officer status. As mentioned by other people, officers have the power to start and abandon raids, to boot any member who is not an officer or guild leader, and to accept/invite people into the guild if your guild is invitation only.
  • They can kick members syn had a officer go rouge and started a raid and booted all the members from the guild they can start raids too
    They can not boot the guild leader
  • An officer can also abandon a raid; the less officers means less chance of it accidentally happening
  • "Noobslayer;489611" wrote:
    They can kick members syn had a officer go rouge and started a raid and booted all the members from the guild they can start raids too
    They can not boot the guild leader

Yes be careful, we were able to recover completely within a hour or 2. But this is mainly because how well we communicate among members. A 3rd party chat app is the best bet, it allows communication with members not in the guild.
  • I have same question. Why can’t I promote a member? Is it because they are under age”Mol Eliza”?