Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Capital ship upgrade question

So this sounds like a stupid question but I'm getting smoked in the Mace Windu tier 5 challenge. I know it says recommended level of 82. I thought it meant player level.....but is that a recommended ship level?

So it would be 5 five star ships all at level 82, player level 82, mace windu's capital ship at 82 and mace windu at level 82?
  • I don't have any ships above 75 and can complete the challenges. Short of the last tier on mace. I can't 3* them but they are done.
  • Toons are more important then the ship lvl. Gear, mods are great to boost power.
  • I'm getting spanked by that Windu challenge too. I don't have Rex/Plo, but I imagine that they'd have a lot more survivability for these challenges. Those TIEs are too fast for my squishy toons (Wedge, Biggs, Fives, Sergeant, Ahsoka).
  • Oddly, I just beat it today way easier than I ever imagined. My Mace cap ship is only lvl 46, lol. My other ships are 75-84 though.

I actually thought they nerfed it, lol.
  • RNG can give you a rare lucky chance too, when it's in your favor. I was able to do it with ships around level 72-78, but several of those pilots (Wedge, Biggs, Rex) were high gear level already. That is to say, ship level is not the sole source of its power. You might find you can work around it. I almost gave up until other guildies told me they made it with similar forces. Played a bit longer, finally got the lucky break in the form of a few dodges, and a few critical hits on the AI, made it work without having any ship at lvl 82.

The power of "suggestion."
  • The RNG swing is big... it took me 30 plays or more with ships upper 70s low 80s... many 6-7*... A few G10 pilots etc.

I used rex, plo, ashoka, JC, 5s... with my wiggs (and throw away clone sgt) in reserve. my rex, wiggs were g10... others g8-9 or so but 7 star.

The rex + republic combo was pretty important... tons of retreats if I lost a ship in first salvo (all their ships got to go, one of min, then Mace).

The lucky break was Mace only re-enforced once in my battle... Since he has a JC and I think 2 clone Sgt in reserve its a huge pain to beat if they start coming out tanking it up.

I would first target ashoka or JC first, the others are a waste since rex will just refill and mace will shift taunts on you. Save your Ashoka debuff for taunts...
  • Yeah i had a hard time with it as well...after about a dozen attemps i finally got it the RNG momentum on my side. #timesuck