Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Character idea: Darth Bane

Hello everyone,
This is the first discussion I'm making so I hope it goes well.

Anyway, with the recently announced Darth Nihilus coming our way, I thought I'd post my own idea for one of my favourite Sith Lords: Darth Bane.

Darth Bane: Ruthless Sith attacker that stuns and becomes more powerful the more Sith allies he has.

Basic: Towering Strike: Deal physical damage to target enemy with X amount of chance to inflict
defence down for X amount of turns.

Special: Force Storm: Deal special damage to all enemies with X amount of chance to stun them for 1 turn.

Unique: Orbalisk Armor: Darth Bane gains X amount of defence for every Sith Ally.

Unique: Rule of Two: Darth Bane gains X amount of critical chance and X amount of critical damage for every Sith Master and apprentice duo. (e.g. Sidious & Dooku/Maul, Maul & Savage,...)

Leader: Dark Lord of the Sith: All Sith allies gain X amount of offense. If Darth Zannah is present, she also gains X amount of speed and potency

As you can see I really tried to give him a lot of Sith Synergy as I think we have too little of that.
I also didn't fill in any numbers as I don't know when something becomes 'over-' or 'underpowered' so feel free to give feedback and fill in the possible numbers.
  • Technically, Bane was the one who invented the rule of two, so you're already wrong by saying "Darth Bane: Ruthless Sith attacker that stuns and becomes more powerful the more Sith allies he has."

But i agree we should get him !
  • I realise this is indeed a contradiction but I just wanted a Sith that really benefitted from having other Sith allies. Although this contradiction is sort of solved with his unique 'Rule of Two' where he gets more powerful the more allies he has that follow his rule.

But I do concede that it is technically wrong, especially since we are now getting Sith from before the Rule of Two.
  • I like the idea you have, and where you're headed with them, but the attacks you came up with are very basic and don't really do much to contribute to the sith kits in game (for example, defense down is out of date and his aoe stun is too similar to EP's). In legends, bane was one of if not the most game changing and influential sith of all time, and that should reflect in his character.
  • I would love to see Bane. Easily my favorite sith. And Zannah with a light saber whip would be awesome to see.
  • Maybe he can have the Sith bomb destroyed the Sith order. He could be the first character that's good at killing both Jedi and sith. That would make him unique.
  • "Buffems;899444" wrote:
    Maybe he can have the Sith bomb destroyed the Sith order. He could be the first character that's good at killing both Jedi and sith. That would make him unique.

That would indeed be very cool, especially the 'good at killing both Jedi and Sith' part, since we really have no real Sith counters.

Don't really know about the lightwhip though as the Zannah I know (the one from Drew Karpyshyn's novels) used a double bladed lightsaber.
    But they could introduce Githany into the game if they want to introduce a lightwhip user.
  • "Blaze_1;899769" wrote:
    "Buffems;899444" wrote:
    Maybe he can have the Sith bomb destroyed the Sith order. He could be the first character that's good at killing both Jedi and sith. That would make him unique.

That would indeed be very cool, especially the 'good at killing both Jedi and Sith' part, since we really have no real Sith counters.

Don't really know about the lightwhip though as the Zannah I know (the one from Drew Karpyshyn's novels) used a double bladed lightsaber.
    But they could introduce Githany into the game if they want to introduce a lightwhip user.

Yeah I just remember her and the whip, wasn't sure how used it. I just remember it. And it sounded very cool. It has been a while since I read those novels. A darn scame he isn't canon anymore. Easily my favorite sith and star wars novels.
  • "Buffems;900149" wrote:
    "Blaze_1;899769" wrote:
    "Buffems;899444" wrote:

Yeah I just remember her and the whip, wasn't sure how used it. I just remember it. And it sounded very cool. It has been a while since I read those novels. A darn scame he isn't canon anymore. Easily my favorite sith and star wars novels.

It really is a shame, but to me, as long as the novels don't conflict with anything in the current canon, I'm going to treat them as canon events/backstories for these characters.

• "Buffems;900172" wrote:
    I may even be willing to pay for a Darth Bane character. I want this that bad.

Same here. He is easily one of my favorite Sith Lords and characters overall. He simply deserves to be in the game. But hey! We are getting Darth Nihilus pretty soon. (though if they are going to handle it exactly the same as the Krennic event, most people will just have a 3* Nihilus that's unusable.)