Forum Discussion

2 months ago

CLS appreciation post

I feel like since they’re a pretty old team by most standards, I haven’t seen very many people talking about the Commander Luke team. They’re the first team that I fully reliced and they’ve been my arena team for even longer than that, and I just feel like the return on investment is great. I’m sure there’s some new team that’s more accessible earlier and better but I’ll never forget the first time I beat a GAS or Padme with them, or either revan. I’m getting close the unlocking my first GL, Master Luke, and this probably means phasing out the tried and true with the powerhouse that is a GL and I’m a bit sad to see them go. Anyone else have any thoughts on this team?

• Solid squad. I'm 11.8m and I still use them in all aspects of the game. You're going to enjoy having them for a long time 

• Great team, still can get alot of mileage in conquest even if u dont use as often in gac

• Best utility team in the game.  While you aren't going to take down a GL with them, there are many teams you can beat with them.  I use them every round of GAC.  They easily handle both MM and RO teams, and it seems a lot of people put those two on defense.  Great team for conquest as well.

• Completely agree. One of the best things about SWGOH is CLS hasn’t been power crept. He still does things. MSF and similar games completely fail to do the same. When I complain I still think that this is fully to CG’s credit and appreciate it. 

Pulsipher
    Seasoned Traveler

Thank-you for this post- 

Commander Luke was the first character I planned ahead for and was able to get on release. I can still remember what that did for my squad arena! I’m glad that such an old character still has so much utility in this game without ever needing a touch up. 
    is there an older character who is MORE useful than Commander Luke?

• No I can’t think of any one! CLS was the first character I really grinded for, so he holds a special place in my heart. And after that, the Chewie event and 3PO events were my focus for a while.

• I worked on CLS to help me with the Pit raid in one attempt, then I could solo it with him too. He was also one of my first relic characters.

And while his kit has never been touched up, the addition of 3PO and then Chewpio has really cemented his squads versatility and longevity.