Forum Discussion

Devian_Ers
Seasoned Novice
4 years ago

Colonel Yularen (character idea and IHC tag)

Colonel Yularen
Light Side
Support, Empire, Imperial High Command
Spoiler
During his career, Wullf Yularen was a faithful ally of Palpatine and idealist. He hated corruption, admired order, and personified an image of high ranking officer and blissful Admiral.

Strong support character that summons player's trooper to the field and counters corruption mechanic. Assists allies with passive heal and proactive against enemies with bonus turn mechanic.
ABILITIES:
1. Basic. deal physical dmg to target enemy and call random Empire, non ally, to assist. If any dmg dealt - inflict Stun to the target.
2. Special: Unravel plan
Mark random stealthed enemy and remove all buffs and 100% TM from him. If there is no stealthed enemy - mark leader instead. Then call 2 empire non-leader characters to assist.
3. Unique: Retired Admiral
Whenever enemy takes bonus turn, that enemy looses 10% TM and all allies take 10% TM. This TM manipulation can't be resisted.
(zeta): Each time Colonel Yularen's or Empire leader's health lowered by 20% health - reduce their cd by 1
4. Unique: Imperial Security
All enemies have their critical chance and critical damage set to 0. Each time an ally takes damage to his heath or recovers health - that ally restores 5%.
5. Unique: Devotion/Dedication
Colonel Yularen and leader gain unique ability - Imperial duty.
This ability starts on Cooldown and shared between allies who has it.
Imperial duty - summon strongest random Imperial trooper ally from player's roster that is not on the field and is not Imperial High Command to the 6th slot, if possible.
That unit gains taunt for 2 turns and +150% Defence, and assists with -50% offense penalty whenever unit uses unique ability.

(zeta): activate this ability at the start of a battle.

IHC characters: Admiral Piett || Darth Vader || Director Krennic || Emperor Palpatine || General Veers || Grand Admiral Thrawn || Grand Moff Tarkin || Moff Gideon
  • "Devian;c-2238340" wrote:
    "BirelDjar;c-2238335" wrote:
    "Devian;c-2238327" wrote:
    "BirelDjar;c-2238326" wrote:
    to much based on empire, and I say the clone-wars yularen is better

Well, he was "Empire" character after GR reorganized. Or if to say better - he was militarist to the core, hating corruption and anarchy within the ranks(Like non-militarists taking lead).
    As GR, "Admiral" he would be much weaker as "unit" and only good as 'ship'/Admiral

he is to much bad like the stormtrooper, good only for full empire partys

Like all Empire characters: if you want them to shine - use them with their factions. Yularen wasn't loose character to make him good for everyone.
    P.S. other that that, min. requirements for him to be useful - Empire leader and IHC ally. Not sure what's wrong with that. Ah, and Imperial trooper at your baggage

My guess, you simply didn't read the last part, where he summons most geared Imperial trooper ally from your roster.

1. that is in a lot of factions (as somebody that is building a nightsister squad that is important)
    2. I missed that
    Veritlyn
    New Spectator
    For the first Light Side Empire unit I totally agree Yularen fits that description. The dude was all about stomping out corruption and keeping as many people alive as possible. Thrawn also should be Light Side in that regard imo. The 5 canon Thrawn books paint him as a good guy even
    Devian_Ers
    Seasoned Novice

Well, he was "Empire" character after GR reorganized. Or if to say better - he was militarist to the core, hating corruption and anarchy within the ranks(Like non-militarists taking lead).
    As GR, "Admiral" he would be much weaker as "unit" and only good as 'ship'/Admiral
  • "Devian;c-2238327" wrote:

Devian_Ers
    Seasoned Novice
    "BirelDjar;c-2238335" wrote:
    "Devian;c-2238327" wrote:

Like all Empire characters: if you want them to shine - use them with their factions. Yularen wasn't loose character to make him good for everyone.
    P.S. other that that, min. requirements for him to be useful - Empire leader and IHC ally. Not sure what's wrong with that. Ah, and Imperial trooper at your baggage

My guess, you simply didn't read the last part, where he summons most geared Imperial trooper ally from your roster.
    Devian_Ers
    Seasoned Novice
    "DarthVeritlyn;c-2238480" wrote:
    For the first Light Side Empire unit I totally agree Yularen fits that description. The dude was all about stomping out corruption and keeping as many people alive as possible. Thrawn also should be Light Side in that regard imo. The 5 canon Thrawn books paint him as a good guy even
    Yep, that's why I'm suggesting main kit idea few things that can be really effective against Separatists with Nute, and assistance in keeping allies alive:
    negating CC and CD effect, leaving everything to raw stats and skills,
    minimizing health decreasing effects and adding passive light healing
    plus, directly countering steath mechanics.