Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Communication commitment

Am I the only one loving the new flow of communucation coming from CG? Especially our new community manager going out of their way to make sure we are we feel as if our input is valued and appreciated. Just look at the Sith Raid topic if you need evidence of this. Or the stellar communication and teasers that came from the myriad of marquee events. Or, or the way they have respondes to the ships 2.0!!

Really well done CG. Way to make a promise and stick with it. I think I speak for everyone when I say we feel valued and appreciated.

/S. <- since it wasnt clear, this means sarcasm. Lol
  • "QJinX;c-1569649" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1568597" wrote:
    "QJinX;c-1568563" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1568548" wrote:
    They are communicating better, and as they stated it's not going to happen over night.

They will not be able to discuss every topic right off the bat and the new CM is only on the job for 3 weeks now (maybe 4).

They extend an opportunity for direct and structured feedback about the Sith raid, but that's not good enough? May I ask why?

They explained why they were going to delay the rewards rework.

They almost never tease marquee events other than a few days of maybe a kit release, they didnt this time, why is that an issue? When does knowing a kit and seeing game changers videos change anything about the game? Also a key not here would be that in the "improved communication" post you are referencing and trying to say they are lying about, it doesnt mention "teasers", but that's a side note.

They have also put out 2 road ahead posts in a shorter time frame than ever before.

There has been more communication than in the past on many levels, but because they didnt comment on the specific things you want, they are failing?

Hundreds upon hundreds of posts regarding sith and ships with near zero engagement. CG already knew darn well what the complaints were with STR. The post, given their complete ignoring of it, was nothing more than trying pacify the player base. I think we both know that. People still missing TB rewards with zero forum help. The community manager cant be bothered to respond in his own introduction topic beyong the first day. Or perhaps the kitten chat update with no response. You have some serious rose colored glasses my friend.

Edit.
    I might add the STR topic had a clear timeframe set for a response. That timeframe has come and hhone more than twice over. Again, if you cant even come close to meeting your commitments, dont make them. Its the most basic ecpectation of any job. You need to be at work this Tuesday, but dont show up until next Tuesday, how is that going to work out gor you. No other job would allow this level of incompetance.

Not at all, but if you are going to list things there are items you missed, because they didnt support your point.

We have seen more communication.

The dev team asking for a single location to collect specific data points that help them examine the situation is different than them searching through multiple posts to try and collect the "exact data" they are looking for.

Just curious. We nearly at COB on Tuesday. The forums are absolutely on fire regarding lack of communication, of any kind, and again, zero responses. You still standing by that improving sentiment? Have you seen the community manager introduction post?

yes i do 100%.
  • If you are determined to interpret everything in the most negative possible way, you're going to find negative. But if you're gonna call an across the board rebalancing that makes some of the most freely available ships in the game solid, viable choices, I don't know what to tell you.

Buddy, when you come here, "They're not responding to concerns!" "Here's one of the listed example concerns that they answered in great detail." "MONEY GRAB!" just... how in the world do you expect anyone to take you seriously? To hold any sort of serious conversation with you?

And your example is insane troll logic taken in context. This is a dynamic, continuously supported game with player-versus-player content. Rebalancing happens. It's not cheating you. And there is a lot of reactionary rage over this change that will take months to see the results of. What answer can you expect when the dust is still settling? Wading into the angry bile and trying to have a civil conversation where your every move is labeled a money grab and therefore dismissed as unacceptable and insincere doesn't seem like the productive route.
  • "YaeVizsla;c-1569789" wrote:
    If you look for conspiracies and ulterior motives, you'll find them, whether they're there or not.

And if you dont pay attention you wont see what everyone else sees, the truth.
  • Ah, yes, I'm blinded to the truth about the evil corporate cabal scheming behind cell phone action figure mashup simulator to exploit us all.

Because it's easier to blame faceless corporate demons than accept a good faith effort from reasonable humans who are both fallible and have different opinions and perspective than you.
  • "YaeVizsla;c-1569794" wrote:
    Ah, yes, I'm blinded to the truth about the evil corporate cabal scheming behind cell phone action figure mashup simulator to exploit us all.

Because it's easier to blame faceless corporate demons than accept a good faith effort from reasonable humans who are both fallible and have different opinions and perspective than you.

This must be embarassing for you. Sorry
    https://wccftech.com/ea-matchmaking-algorithm/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5031247/Are-video-game-loot-boxes-encouraging-children-gamble.html
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ea-using-unfair-matchmaking-practices-to-maximize-player-engagement-and-monetization.455077684/

Best for last. Keep in mind, this is worse than Comcast.
    https://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-responds-to-worst-company-in-america-contr/1100-6443178/
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/11/13/in-2017-ea-has-turned-into-an-industry-punching-bag-once-again/#2bd2260224d5
  • "Kyno;c-1568597" wrote:
    "QJinX;c-1568563" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1568548" wrote:
    They are communicating better, and as they stated it's not going to happen over night.

They will not be able to discuss every topic right off the bat and the new CM is only on the job for 3 weeks now (maybe 4).

They extend an opportunity for direct and structured feedback about the Sith raid, but that's not good enough? May I ask why?

They explained why they were going to delay the rewards rework.

They almost never tease marquee events other than a few days of maybe a kit release, they didnt this time, why is that an issue? When does knowing a kit and seeing game changers videos change anything about the game? Also a key not here would be that in the "improved communication" post you are referencing and trying to say they are lying about, it doesnt mention "teasers", but that's a side note.

They have also put out 2 road ahead posts in a shorter time frame than ever before.

There has been more communication than in the past on many levels, but because they didnt comment on the specific things you want, they are failing?

Hundreds upon hundreds of posts regarding sith and ships with near zero engagement. CG already knew darn well what the complaints were with STR. The post, given their complete ignoring of it, was nothing more than trying pacify the player base. I think we both know that. People still missing TB rewards with zero forum help. The community manager cant be bothered to respond in his own introduction topic beyong the first day. Or perhaps the kitten chat update with no response. You have some serious rose colored glasses my friend.

Edit.
    I might add the STR topic had a clear timeframe set for a response. That timeframe has come and hhone more than twice over. Again, if you cant even come close to meeting your commitments, dont make them. Its the most basic ecpectation of any job. You need to be at work this Tuesday, but dont show up until next Tuesday, how is that going to work out gor you. No other job would allow this level of incompetance.

Not at all, but if you are going to list things there are items you missed, because they didnt support your point.

We have seen more communication.

The dev team asking for a single location to collect specific data points that help them examine the situation is different than them searching through multiple posts to try and collect the "exact data" they are looking for.

Why is it a forums administrators job to tailor data for devs in a singular place. Do you guys not have a development model? It's called business intelligence. You can easily with technology dashboard user complaints in a easy to read format like say power bi for example and you can meet and discuss with developers why is this information trying to be consolidated on a public forum... Seems like an absolute waste of time and resources.

• "QJinX;c-1569797" wrote:
    This must be embarassing for you. Sorry
    https://wccftech.com/ea-matchmaking-algorithm/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5031247/Are-video-game-loot-boxes-encouraging-children-gamble.html
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ea-using-unfair-matchmaking-practices-to-maximize-player-engagement-and-monetization.455077684/

Best for last. Keep in mind, this is worse than Comcast.
    https://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-responds-to-worst-company-in-america-contr/1100-6443178/
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/11/13/in-2017-ea-has-turned-into-an-industry-punching-bag-once-again/#2bd2260224d5

And literally none of this is relevant to the topic at hand. But we have the most skewed and paranoid interpretation of a necessary game function paired with a gross misrepresentation of research, a huge debate that's still rocking the gaming industry as a whole presented in the most biased way possible, and the results of a highly biased unpopularity poll.

Every aspect of game design is about shaping experience. "Fair" is a word a lot of people glom onto, but does not necessarily generate the most engaging or entertaining experience, especially in a zero sum system where the overall average is, by definition, 50% win, 50% loss. If every match is against someone of equal skill, it gets boring fast. There has to be a curve, with relatively challenging and relatively simple opponents to keep you on your toes without overly frustrating you to the point where you quit. A matchmaking engine capable of engaging with and acting on collected data is a necessary experience shaping tool. Yes, there are both ethical and unethical ways to employ it. And both need to be researched. So the article boils down to, "Software developer develops software."

The lootbox debate is still raging across the gaming industry. The gambling angle is one of the most dubious angles, but alternate monetization strategies have been coming and going for a long, long time. The artificially fixed price point on games without regard to development costs or inflation have forced alternate methods of monetization. If the market actually let the price of games change in the same way as every other good, a full-scale AAA title would run well over a hundred bucks. But since it can't, alternate monetization strategies have to come into play. Then, you have games like this, where they're manufacturing a service, not a product. A free service, that has to be turned into a sufficient revenue stream to support the project and the studio. That's voluntary support in the form of microtransactions. Ethical use of loot boxes and packs is still under debate, but that doesn't make them evil. That makes them a part of a dynamic industry trying to do business in a nonstandard market.

And that poll is just absolutely absurd. EA has done some crummy shit, but seriously, "worst company in American history?" When there are companies like Altria who make their money by literally killing people? Yes, this internet poll was clearly objective. But setting that aside, Capital Games is 50-200 person subsidiary, not the parent company. Holding those 50-200 people accountable for everything EA does is unreasonable. Also, their resources and capabilities are more limited.

But none of that has a lick to do with the topic of communication.
  • "QJinX;c-1568472" wrote:
    "commander_unknown01;c-1568342" wrote:
    "QJinX;d-171845" wrote:
    Am I the only one loving the new flow of communucation coming from CG? Especially our new community manager going out of their way to make sure we are we feel as if our input is valued and appreciated. Just look at the Sith Raid topic if you need evidence of this. Or the stellar communication and teasers that came from the myriad of marquee events. Or, or the way they have respondes to the ships 2.0!!

Really well done CG. Way to make a promise and stick with it. I think I speak for everyone when I say we feel valued and appreciated.

/S

I think u should speak for only urself.
    I for sure am not feeling valued let alone appreciated.
    I am yet to see a reply for all the feedback given to those **** (i dont expect results, but a valuable reply would have been appreciated).
    Oh and pls dont talk about Fleet 2.0.
    It is one of their biggest mistakes.
    Now people have less to look forward to and more to grind to get to the same places as those that started a few months before.
    My 2nd account struggles to get a 5* executrix. Whereas it was damn easy before.

The /S means sarcasm. Sorry that wasnt clear. Their Communication is RIDICULOUS.

Oops..i am sorry for my rant
  • "Boba_The_Fetter;c-1569837" wrote:
    They seem to think bursts of communication followed by long droughts is better than continuous communication

It's also telling that those "droughts" always seem to come when new content/changes are strongly and universally disliked. I think people would be okay if the "bursts" were in response to unpopular content. If it felt like the "communication" was customer support, rather than just a hype machine, that lay dormant when things are not well received.