Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Conquest 10

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI hi,
Will Conquest 10 have such a long break like C7,8,9?
  • "Ravens1113;c-2308455" wrote:
    "Kiaowew;c-2308439" wrote:
    "Ravens1113;c-2308430" wrote:
    "Kiaowew;c-2308429" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308428" wrote:
    There is currently no planned delays for Conquest 10. Should be starting in the first half of next month, on more of the "normal" schedule.

thanks for the info :) Let's hope it's as soon as possible because LV without Maul is useless, too bad with Maul he's easy to beat...

Explain yourself. Divulge the counters lol

I've already tested LV's defense with Maul, it's a disaster, Rey, JML and JMK beat him easily. This is not what I expected when waiting an extra 2 months for LV. In attack I have a friend what I played with him on live and in attack there are duels what he barely wins.

What’s the JML and Rey comps you use? I’m still struggling to get the JML vs JMK counter to be more consistent so figured I’d get this one down early

Guys, just read the kits of LV and maul. You just have a swap a couple toons out from the standard JMK lineup and change strategies a little bit, and you’ll win with 5 guys still standing. I did it 3 times yesterday. If you can’t figure it out in a week, send me a message and I’ll make a post about it (assuming no nerfs/buffs by then).

If you read their kits in detail, it basically says “these 2 toons from the standard JMK lineup won’t work.” I’m actually using the same team I used on LV prior to maul’s release. It’s just a little harder since maul adds a lot of damage and control.
  • "NicWester;c-2308610" wrote:
    I like Conquest well-enough, but does anyone else find it unsettling that every 3 months or so they're going to release anither ship or character that's this strong? It's gone from power creep to power surge.

They will be strong (that was kind of the point of this release structure), but I believe this will fluctuate to some extent, and not always be GL related.
  • "Ravens1113;c-2308773" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308762" wrote:
    "Ravens1113;c-2308757" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308746" wrote:
    "PB940;c-2308737" wrote:

"Kyno;c-2308736" wrote:
    "Edgar_the_Bug;c-2308729" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308618" wrote:
    "Edgar_the_Bug;c-2308562" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308489" wrote:
    "khdelboy;c-2308481" wrote:
    I’m more interested if they will revise the changes to the conquest especially the energy needed for one battle, lt that I have any much hope they will do so.

Also the new conquest toon. Not interested in Maul (it will be a long time before I go for LV and I wouldn’t bother with a mando faction for a while.)

There are changes coming, but I wouldn't expect to see things like that change, it will likely be around the feats and some organization things there. But we will have to wait and see what actually makes it into the next set.

So basically they aren’t going to listen to the feedback and just serve up more hot garbage?

Or we can wait to see what changed before jumping to conclusions.

Imagine CG actually had a way to communicate with us.

Imagine waiting for the information they do communicate....

I know its rought they dont meet imaginary timelines, but again I understand it's hard to wait.

Well now at this point it’s just annoying with so many leaks. Like why wait anymore? Release the RA and let us digest the info

The app store is a leak?

Data mines are leaks. App Store updates and offsites other than CG are secondary sources and not announcements from CG. So not the exact definition of a leak but cmon, that’s just splitting a hair.

There’s so much information coming out not from CG, they may as well release the RA that’s been recorded for 2 weeks or more now.

Is the app store supposed to have the information listed there, yes. That makes it not a leak. That is not splitting hairs.

That information came from CG, and that is all the new information out there. They will release it when it was scheduled.
  • "ScoundrelRui;c-2308586" wrote:
    I hope they see my engagement of doing no battles for the last 2-3 days after getting the best crate I could without dying from boredom.

Based on recent form they would likely see that as an invitation to increase the grind even more.
  • "Ravens1113;c-2308778" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308776" wrote:
    "Ravens1113;c-2308773" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308762" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308746" wrote:
    "PB940;c-2308737" wrote:

"Kyno;c-2308736" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308618" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308489" wrote:
    I’m more interested if they will revise the changes to the conquest especially the energy needed for one battle, lt that I have any much hope they will do so.

Also the new conquest toon. Not interested in Maul (it will be a long time before I go for LV and I wouldn’t bother with a mando faction for a while.)

There are changes coming, but I wouldn't expect to see things like that change, it will likely be around the feats and some organization things there. But we will have to wait and see what actually makes it into the next set.

So basically they aren’t going to listen to the feedback and just serve up more hot garbage?

I know its rought they dont meet imaginary timelines, but again I understand it's hard to wait.

Well now at this point it’s just annoying with so many leaks. Like why wait anymore? Release the RA and let us digest the info

The app store is a leak?

Data mines are leaks. App Store updates and offsites other than CG are secondary sources and not announcements from CG. So not the exact definition of a leak but cmon, that’s just splitting a hair.

There’s so much information coming out not from CG, they may as well release the RA that’s been recorded for 2 weeks or more now.

Is the app store supposed to have the information listed there, yes. That makes it not a leak. That is not splitting hairs.

That information came from CG, and that is all the new information out there. They will release it when it was scheduled.

You’re splitting a hair about the overall point and not focusing on the main point either.

Data mines are leaks. App Store notes and other websites apart from the forums or CG’s pages is not announced by them. Is the info from them? Sure, given to a secondary source meaning that the excuse of “approval, red tape, blah blah” isn’t valid anymore.

If this information is coming out through secondary sources and data leaks it’s been approved. So why keep the community waiting any further?

The community has been extremely patient after their last RA and all the bad changes they made to character kits, unlock reqs, R9 and of course the awful changes to Grindquest.

With all that in mind, I think that the community running out of patience for an update we know is ready, to be a bit understandable.

Correct some have been very patient, and understanding that they do not move on arbitrary timelines, and that it will come when it is supposed to or we will get a post about a delay.
  • "StewartH;c-2308790" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308768" wrote:
    "StewartH;c-2308765" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308762" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308746" wrote:
    "PB940;c-2308737" wrote:

"Kyno;c-2308736" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308618" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308489" wrote:

The app store is a leak?

CG is a primary source.
    Accurate and pertinent information is coming from secondary sources.
    No matter what the timeline or the spin, that's not a good look.

They dont control when that information gets updated by google, they have to provide it early, as it has to be vetted by them.

Not sure how this looks bad, in any way.

And thank you for agreeing this is no a leak. It's an intentional place where information is provided about the app, and the update.

Sorry to keep coming but what your suggesting proves my point -
    CG provided the info to Google/Apple.
    Unless CG willfully provided info to Google/Apple thats wrong the info they provided will not change.
    Google/Apple tells the consumer what is happening via update notes.
    CG (presumably) tells the consumer what is happening after that.

What possible harm would come from telling us what they told Google? Thats the problem.

No harm, and they did, but they are not going to randomly change the plan of release of the RA, just because Google pushed the app through the update process.

It's not like the information wasnt coming out, and it's supposed to be there, so it's not a leak, and literally changes nothing that we found out a few hours before the RA was released some bullet points of information from Google.
  • "Kyno;c-2308620" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-2308610" wrote:
    I like Conquest well-enough, but does anyone else find it unsettling that every 3 months or so they're going to release anither ship or character that's this strong? It's gone from power creep to power surge.

They will be strong (that was kind of the point of this release structure), but I believe this will fluctuate to some extent, and not always be GL related.

Hopefully. I just hope that Conquest doesn’t become the new default release cadence is all.

I like it. It’s not a dealbreaker for me if it becomes this, but I don’t want that.
  • "NicWester;c-2308869" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2308620" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-2308610" wrote:

Hopefully. I just hope that Conquest doesn’t become the new default release cadence is all.

I like it. It’s not a dealbreaker for me if it becomes this, but I don’t want that.

Default, kind of for a certain level of power, we still have marquees for other releases.

I imagine we will see other events too, but I have no knowledge of the plans at that level.

Do you plan on just not doing Conquest ? I mean even just continually getting the second crate, means you will always have the new toon with no other farming or anything.
  • well said. smart maybe, evil yes. short term gains over longer term success. how do you measure player dissatisfaction to the point they quit because conquest is too much of a grind designed mainly for power? it wont show up entirely in the short term of players stopping playing right away. i think you'll see more players quitting steadily as time goes on. and you'll lose more of a % of pay to play players. this feels quite different than past updates, changes, and new metas. the time factor is significant combined with a chore of a game mode. the latest changes messed it all up. cg please fix it fast and not just s bandaid fix. it needs to be proportionate to the latest conquest changes but in the other direction. think of a better way to squeeze money. this method will backfire