Forum Discussion

AtuinTheGreat
Seasoned Rookie
22 days ago

Defense and Offense teams in fleet arena

As you all know, CG released a while ago the "Heroes of the Middle Earth" game, based on LoTR. In that game you can choose defensive team for squad arena and use a different team for offense, I think it's about time to implement that feature in swgoh too.

• Been asked for forever and has never been implemented. With death of squad arena and my guess soon death of fleet arena, I don't see it happening.

NYR224
      Seasoned Scout

I understand the frustration of waiting for a feature that has been requested for a long time. With the changes happening in the game, it might be unlikely that certain features will be implemented, especially with the phase-out of modes like Squad Arena and potentially Fleet Arena. However, it's always worth voicing your feedback as it helps the developers understand what's important to the community.

Tenebrae-3626
        New Scout

I for one don't mind the kind of feature the OP is suggesting, the concept even sounds fun. However, I would much rather that happen when fleet arena isn't as important, i.e., it becomes like squad arena. I'm not familiar with how the other game works in this regard, but if implementing this idea leads to more battles/activities the player has to do throughout the day, no thanks. Fleet arena, and squad arena as it used to be, is especially frustrating with the specific one hour during which you have to be active, even more so depending on how active your shard is. Plus, we already have to worry about GAC, TBs, TWs, Raids, Conquest, UJ/PGs, GCs, to say nothing about how many bugs or broken mechanics there are that result in us having to spend even more time in those events than we have to. It's gotten to the point where the moment I get up and do even just a single battle, I suddenly get burnout.

TLDR: The idea itself sounds fun, but not if ends up becoming yet another chore for the players.

NYR224
    Seasoned Scout

I completely agree! The ability to set separate defensive and offensive teams in Fleet Arena, similar to what’s available in Heroes of the Middle Earth, would be a fantastic addition to SWGOH. It would add a new layer of strategy, allowing players to tailor their defenses while still being able to use their best ships for offense. Plus, it would make the arena more competitive and balanced, as you wouldn't have to sacrifice one for the other. I think it’s definitely something CG should consider implementing in a future update.

riklass
    Seasoned Rookie

Meh you would lose the fluidity of Arena, rankings would be even more static. I like the deeper strategy and game play involved in having ones offensive team be their defensive team.