Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Drop Rate and Math Experts

I have 78/100 Old Ben and 18/100 Luke. I have 1600 crystals and 6 days. I don't pay to play. Is it likely with refreshes to get both to 7 stars in time or should I spend the crystals elsewhere and wait for the next go round. I don't want to spend them and come up short. All characters are 85 gear 9. I'm fine with waiting if the odds are long.

Thanks for any thoughts.
  • I was doing the higher node for ben but i wanted cassians ship for chimera. That's done in plenty of time, I should have stuck with lower. Thanks.
  • Three refreshes of 120 energy is 360, you get 120 every 24 hours too plus the bonus 45 energy to give 525 cantina energy a day. Use the 8 energy nodes and you can sim 65 battles a day, provided RNG is neutral and you get the 1/3 drop rate you can expect get around 22 shards a day.

This will cost 300 a day but you should only need one day of Ben farming and 4 days of Luke farming costing you 1500 crystals in refreshes. Luke has his light side node too and might appear in guild events store so keep an eye out.

Provided you just focus in those two you should get them to 7* with at least one day left. Still need to gear, level and mod them for the event though.
  • You may find this helpful http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/CantinaPlanner
  • You need 104 shards total.
    1/3 drop rate at 8 energy a piece
    104 * 8 * 3 = 2496 energy you need to spend.
    divide that by 6 days and you're talking 616 energy a day you need to spend.
    165 energy between timed energy and noon bonus leaves you needing to spend 451 energy a day.
    3 cantina refreshes is 360 energy. So you'll either need to buy 4 refreshes a day, or fill in the gaps by buying Luke shards from the guild store.
  • Sweet, thanks for the info. All required characters are level 85 and gear 9. I have mods on my arena team that get me into the top 100 (doesn't hold but I can get as low as 60's) Is that enough to finish event or do I need higher gear?
  • @Demo1ition

You'll be able to beat the event for sure with those gear levels so definitely go for it. It'll be worth it. And who knows, maybe these hero's journey events won't become commonplace like the legendaries did and it will be another 4 months.

Go all out!! And check the stores constantly for Farmboy Luke shards.
  • "JediJim;c-1406820" wrote:
    "Woodroward;c-1406679" wrote:
    You need 104 shards total.
    1/3 drop rate at 8 energy a piece
    104 * 8 * 3 = 2496 energy you need to spend.
    divide that by 6 days and you're talking 616 energy a day you need to spend.
    165 energy between timed energy and noon bonus leaves you needing to spend 451 energy a day.
    3 cantina refreshes is 360 energy. So you'll either need to buy 4 refreshes a day, or fill in the gaps by buying Luke shards from the guild store.

@Woodroward 2496 ÷ 6 is not 616, it's 416. Meaning per your method 416 energy a day to do it in 6 days, it's doable in 5 days but I said @Demo1ition would have one day left as I'm not sure if he has used the refreshes today.

thanks for the correction.

Looks like it could be done with 2 refreshes a day for those 6 days + 3 for one of them.

If he didn't use his refreshes today, that would give him 7 days worth of energy to use. he certainly has 6 to use.

1500 crystals to do it in 5 days or 1300 to do it in 6.

• "Woodroward;c-1406825" wrote:

1500 crystals to do it in 5 days or 1300 to do it in 6.

Sounds good, @Demo1ition is geared enough to do it. Good luck

• Ben is now 94/100. Missed on a bunch in a row so I'll try again later.