Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Event Cut Scenes

If you're going to make your event this stupidly hard, add a skip button or remove the cut scene after watching the first time so we don't have to watch it over and over again. Does nothing but increase the frustration.
  • "MajesticMoose41;c-1657353" wrote:
    That cutscene is absolute CAKE compared to doing the tier 7 Thrawn event and having to do 3 or 4 battles first before you even get to the final battle. Even more frustrating when you had to try that tier 50 to 100 times before completing it. Quit complaining.

You cant see the irony in this
  • "Dk_rek;c-1657651" wrote:
    "MajesticMoose41;c-1657353" wrote:
    That cutscene is absolute CAKE compared to doing the tier 7 Thrawn event and having to do 3 or 4 battles first before you even get to the final battle. Even more frustrating when you had to try that tier 50 to 100 times before completing it. Quit complaining.

I'm simply doing a comparison. Thrawn much more annoying than Chewie.
  • "USAFmedic129;c-1657105" wrote:
    I see a ship landing in my sleep. Han and Chewie walking to a locked door in my sleep. Aharnald pretending to be the one looking through the macro binoculars in my sleep. The bounty hunters getting the drop on Han and Chewie but miraculously the Rebels go first in my sleep. My team die 45 seconds into the event because RNGesus hates me. And it just keeps repeating....just like in real life, it plays over and over in my sleep.

Hahaha I read this and busted up laughing and then almost cried cause it haunts me too.
  • "MajesticMoose41;c-1657699" wrote:
    "Dk_rek;c-1657651" wrote:
    "MajesticMoose41;c-1657353" wrote:

I'm simply doing a comparison. Thrawn much more annoying than Chewie.

Well not in my case, Thrawn was easy and I got him on the first attempt so didn't have to go through it multiple times but most of my guildies were complaining about it as well. Any game design that adds unneeded frustration is bad imo

I like that T7 Chewy is hard, the GMY legendary was so easy, Thrawn presented some challenge but the mechanic was easily managed with arena level mods and omegas on phoenix. This one requires G12 and zetas.
  • Although it was annoying watching the cut scene so much, i see it as a me problem. I'm the one that was bashing my head against rng hoping my undergeared team could win. People making 100+ turns trying to brute force a win with a team that probably doesn't deserve to finish the event is really the problem
  • https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.neurosciencemarketing.com/blog/articles/neuromarketing-video-games.htm/amp

Go to number 3. Time, Money and Sunk Costs