Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Faction Idea: Mandalorians

Duchess Satine: Light Side, Mandalorian, Support

Basic: Deactivator - Inflict stun for 1 turn on target enemy, if the enemy is an attacker they lose 50% turn meter

Special: Conflict Evasion - All Mandalorian Allies gain 50% evasion for 2 turns, other allies gain half of that amount. Mandalorian allies gain the unique buff, Duchess’ Guard for two turns (Cooldown 6 turns)

Duchess’ Guard: Gain damage immunity and regain 10% of max health and protection.

Leadership: Duchess of Mandalore - All Mandalorian allies deal 15% less damage in exchange for 15% Max Protection, 15% Max Health and 30 speed. All Mandalorian allies have 5% more defense per Mandalorian ally on the battlefield.

Unique: Pacifism - Duchess Satine cannot deal any damage. If all allies are defeated she will retreat from the battlefield. Duchess Satine has 50% evasion and 25% max health.

Unique 2: Mandalorian Protection - While Mandalorian Guard is present Duchess Satine cannot be attacked. Mandalorian Guard and Duchess Satine gain evasion up while on battlefield together.

Unique 3 - Forbidden Love: While Duchess Satine is active all Republic and Jedi allies gain +15% Counter Chance and Defense, for each active Jedi or Republic ally Duchess Satine gains +5% Max Health and Protection. If General Kenobi is present, he too gains these bonuses.

Mandalorian Royal Guard: Light Side, Mandalorian, Tank

Basic: Force Staff - Deal damage and apply stun for one turn. Grant evasion up to all Mandalorian allies

Special: Mandalorian Strength- Gain taunt up for two turns and grant target ally evasion and protection up, it Duchess Satine is present she also gains these bonuses.

Unique: Royal Protector - While Duchess Satine is on the battlefield in the leader slot Mandalorian Guard starts the encounter with taunt for two turns. Mandalorian Guard and Duchess Satine have 50% more evasion and 10% max protection while on the battlefield together.

Please let me know what you think in the comments and this is a work in progress and is most likely going to change at some point but this is what I have so far. These are my first two kits, both of which are from my favorite faction in all of Star Wars. Enjoy! And post any suggestions you have in the comments.
  • Thank you so much for the positive approach @TheRealCaloNord I really like that approach I know some people could be really mean on the forums sometimes. I really like these ideas and will definetly Encorporate them into Satine’s kit it would be amazing to have this put into the game! I really appreciate your suggestions and will take them. I really appreciate it, Thanks Again! I also plan on creating some more Mandalorian kits so keep an eye out, just need to find some interesting characters from CW show. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated!
  • I really like these ideas.

The kits are awesome, super unique and cool. However, quite a bit of it is pretty OP for just two characters.
    With the Guards' and Satine's unique, Satine gains 100% evasion combined. She would never be able to be hit, and even when she can when the guard is down, its still 50%.

The buff Duchess' Guard is a clever ability and a very cool idea, but a special that gives Damage Immunity for 2 turns, to ALL allies is insane. Revan wouldn't even be able to touch these two characters most of the time, let alone the entire team.

I also think that you should probably have the kits in two separate posts, it'll make it easier for people to more easily give feedback. For your first kits, these are really good. You'd be surprised some of these crazy kits people make, but these kits are super cool and very original. They are pretty unorganized and not worded in the way that makes lots of sense, so here is how I would write it, and then I want to give you some ideas on how to critique this a little bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic: Deactivator

Inflict stun for 1 turn on target enemy, if the enemy is an attacker they lose 50% turn meter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special: Conflict Evasion - (Cooldown 6 turns)
    All Mandalorian Allies gain Evasion Up (50%) for 2 turns, other allies gain half of that amount.
    Mandalorian allies gain the unique buff Duchess’ Guard for 2 turns.

Duchess’ Guard (Buff)
    Gain damage immunity for 2 Turns. Additionally, Recover 10% of their Max Health and Protection at the beginning of their turns while this buff is active.

Leadership: Duchess of Mandalore
    Mandalorian allies deal 15% less damage. Mandalorian Allies gain 15% Max
    Protection, 15% Max Health, and +30 Speed. Mandalorian allies have 5% more Defense for each active Mandalorian ally.

Unique: Pacifism
    Duchess Satine cannot deal any damage. If all allies are defeated she will retreat from the
    battle. Duchess Satine has +50% evasion and +25% max health.

Unique 2: Mandalorian Protection
    While Mandalorian Guard is present, Duchess Satine cannot be targeted. If Mandalorian Guard is present, Duchess Satine and Mandalorian Guard gain Evasion Up until one of them is defeated.

Unique 3: Forbidden Love
    While Duchess Satine is active, all Galactic Republic and Jedi allies gain +15% Counter Chance and Defense for each other Galactic Republic or Jedi ally. Additionally, Duchess Satine gains +5% Max Health and Protection for each active Galactic Republic or Jedi ally. If General Kenobi is present, he also gains these bonuses.

I hope this makes a little more sense.

To rework this, here are my ideas. Changes will be bolded, and my explanation will be in italics for clarification.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic: Deactivator

Inflict stun for 1 turn on target enemy. If the enemy is an attacker, remove 30% Turn Meter.
    If the target enemy is above 50% Turn Meter, this attack has +30% Potency.

I changed 50% to 30%, this is more balanced and makes it more reasonable to add a little more to this ability. I added, If the enemy is above 50% Turn Meter, this attack has 30% Potency so that this ability has a little more stratedgy, along with allowing Stuns to land more, and Turn Meter to be removed more often.
    Special: Conflict Evasion - (Cooldown 6 turns)
    All Mandalorian Allies gain Evasion Up (50%) for 2 turns, other allies gain half of that amount.
    Mandalorian allies gain the Unique Buff, Duchess’ Guard for 2 turns.

Duchess’ Guard (Buff)
    Gain Bonus Protection equal to 40% of Duchess Satine's Max Protection for 2 turns. When Critically Hit, a random debuff will be dispelled, (if present).

I reworked the buff, because the damage immunity for 2 turns is pretty game breaking. I replaced it with a shield-like protection, equal to Satine's Max Protection. To further compensate, I added, when critically hit, a random debuff will be dispelled.
    Leadership: Duchess of Mandalore
    Mandalorian allies deal 15% less damage. Mandalorian Allies gain 15% Max Protection, 15% Max Health, and +30 Speed. Mandalorian allies have +5% Defense and Tenacity for each other active Mandalorian ally. Additionally, Mandalorian allies gain Advantage for 2 turns, and gain 2% Offense (stacking), each time they evade.

I added Tenacity to improve survivability, alonge with Advantage and stacking offense to allow this team to be more viable.
    Unique: Pacifism
    Duchess Satine cannot deal any damage. If all allies are defeated she will retreat from the
    battle. Duchess Satine has +50% Evasion and +25% Max Health while Mandalorian allies are present.

For less frustration.
    Unique 2: Mandalorian Protection
    While Mandalorian Guard is present, Duchess Satine cannot be targeted. If Mandalorian Guard is present, Duchess Satine and Mandalorian Guard gain Evasion Up (15%) until one of them is defeated.

15% is the normal amount Evasion Up typically gives.
    Unique 3: Forbidden Love
    While Duchess Satine is active, all Galactic Republic and Jedi allies gain +15% Counter Chance and Defense for each other Galactic Republic or Jedi ally. Additionally, Duchess Satine gains +5% Max Health and Protection for each active Galactic Republic or Jedi ally. If General Kenobi is present, he also gains these bonuses.

Left as is.

Anyways, I hope this helps! This was fun to write about. Let me know what you think, you did a great job. I wont be doing the Guard, but if you want to send me ideas on reworking him, ill get back to you as soon as I can.
  • "Zdub2004;c-1796057" wrote:
    Thank you so much for the positive approach @TheRealCaloNord I really like that approach I know some people could be really mean on the forums sometimes. I really like these ideas and will definetly Encorporate them into Satine’s kit it would be amazing to have this put into the game! I really appreciate your suggestions and will take them. I really appreciate it, Thanks Again! I also plan on creating some more Mandalorian kits so keep an eye out, just need to find some interesting characters from CW show. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated!

Of course! I will definitely check them out.
  • So these are the 4 Mandalorian Kit drafts that would be paired with Satine! We've got the Mandalorian Super Commando, Mandalorian Guard (2nd Draft), Pre Vizla and Bo Katan! I hope you all enjoy.
  • The idea isnt new but its still a good one. There are a ton of resources for Mandalorians since they opened the KOTOR gates...where are the two you mentioned from?
  • I'm assuming you mean Pre Vizla and Bo Katan, they are from Star Wars the Clone Wars and appear with Duchess Satine. They're integral parts of the Death Watch movement as well, very fun characters and a big part of the era.