Forum Discussion

ScoundrelRui
New Novice
2 years ago

Fleet Loadout PSA

Just a PSA about the way the fleet loadouts work in fleet arena if you switch between a 7* capital ship and a lower star capital ship.

When I switch saved fleets from my 7* Executor to my 4* Profundity, it works fine, but when I switch from 4* to 7*, the last two reinforcement slots get automatically filled by the two highest GP ships, I need to select my saved Executor fleet a second time to get the right fleet.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "crzydroid;c-2429392" wrote:
    I think someone said if you change a capital first to one that is 7*, then the loadout will work.

so, to use a loadout, you have to not use a loadout?
  • I think someone said if you change a capital first to one that is 7*, then the loadout will work.
  • "StarSon;c-2429396" wrote:
    I think someone said if you change a capital first to one that is 7*, then the loadout will work.

I think they meant if you select a 7* capital going in, before you get to the choose loadout button.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "crzydroid;c-2429418" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-2429396" wrote:

I think they meant if you select a 7* capital going in, before you get to the choose loadout button.

Yes, but either way, you have to choose a 7* cap or you have to choose a loadout with a 7* cap before picking the loadout you really want. I'm sure it's because CG couldn't be bothered testing anything except max rosters.
  • You can work around that, but let's be real, that's just an embarassing bug.

What should happen:
    - selected loadout applies reinforcement slot configuration of capital ship
    - selected loadout applies preconfigured ships

What really happens:
    - selected loadout applies preconfigured ships within open slots
    - capital ship change applies RF slot configuration change
    - open slots are automatically filled (based on ship power)

Something like that SHOULD have been prevented in the design phase of the new fleets feature, as it is glaringly obvious.
    At the very least, this should have been fixed on any tests of the feature before release. Again because it's so obvious.
  • What's next? Having to select our Squad Leader first and then getting access to the Select Squad button?