Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Futile grinding

This game is starting to kitten irritate me with each character that comes in. While I am still working on a character to be arena viable, another character arrives. While others get the character, I fall way kitten behind gearing an old character.
  • You have to focus your gearing efforts on characters that will always be relevant and/or are useful in many areas. For example, gear Phoenix and you can use them for 2 legendary unlocks, for GW, and for TB. Resistance makes GW a breeze, is great for the tank raid, and can guarantee you 6/6 on a TB node.

As for arena, just gear the best toons. Most of the time the best teams are just an amalgam of the most OP toons. There was Threxus for a while and now it's just CLS, Zolo, R2, GK, and Thrawn. There is scarcely synergy, it's just throw in the strongest toons and you win.
  • This game really is all about setting one's priorities.

Unless you're willing to spend hundreds (thousands?) then you cannot do everything. You have to decide what to do and learn to be comfortable ignoring other aspects of the game. The more I play the more I learn not to get stressed about what I'm not doing and learn to enjoy what I am.

And yes- I agree with Thor. Arena is all about getting your fastest heaviest-hitters in the from the get go. Like a street fight you want to hit the opposition so hard and so quickly that you can end it without them even getting an attack in. Hence Phoenix is useless in the Arena.

• Zeta toons are a problem for new players now as well. Phoenix was Omega abilities and the stuff that makes them each viable has now been locked behind a Zeta. So now I either develop my fleets sacrificing the Zeta of every combat character and never move up in PVP or waste months farming 20 zetas and fall way behind Fleet Battles forever.

I just laugh when I read a new player ask for advice and instantly the community says just Zeta Barris and Gear her to 12 and you win. It’s a little more difficult than that for us. And those lovely 5* mods are locked behind A LOT of gearing of Jawas, Jedi, Scoundrels, FO, Resistance, and Empire toons Plus modding 1-2* mods until good ones arrive. This is all stated with pure hahaha and not a critisim or complaint.
  • It requires choosing a path and stick to it.
    If you jump over to new toon EVERY time and fall short, you get off track.
    Stay focused and build a few strong teams to g12.
    Resistance, rebels,empire,
  • "ChickenFett139;c-1334951" wrote:
    Zeta toons are a problem for new players now as well. Phoenix was Omega abilities and the stuff that makes them each viable has now been locked behind a Zeta. So now I either develop my fleets sacrificing the Zeta of every combat character and never move up in PVP or waste months farming 20 zetas and fall way behind Fleet Battles forever.

I just laugh when I read a new player ask for advice and instantly the community says just Zeta Barris and Gear her to 12 and you win. It’s a little more difficult than that for us. And those lovely 5* mods are locked behind A LOT of gearing of Jawas, Jedi, Scoundrels, FO, Resistance, and Empire toons Plus modding 1-2* mods until good ones arrive. This is all stated with pure hahaha and not a critisim or complaint.

The things that made Phoenix strong before haven't changed, they didn't take away from them and put it behind the zeta. They took the underwhelming toons they were and added new things too them to make them just a little less underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, the are pretty good for PVE but arena is a little different
  • Then again, why did I even bother commenting. I've been slowly losing interest in the game anyway. Thanks for the feedback anyway people. You guys were more helpful than the so called customer service. I'll take your thoughts into consideration if I end continue playing the "kitten" game. Yes I put "kitten" game because they edited out the f bomb with the word "kitten" which is funny.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,306 PostsLatest Activity: 29 minutes ago