Forum Discussion

5 years ago

GAC Join

CG, how hard is this to fix? Make it EXACTLY LIKE TERRITORY WAR. Please, the community has been BEGGING for this for AGES. I feel like this is a really simple fix, you're just too lazy, indifferent, or think its funny for some reason.
  • "DadKev;c-2109176" wrote:
    Q: Will you add a confirmation button for the gac registration or the chance to cancel and register again like it is with the TW registration?
    A: CG_Miller - We've looked into this in the past, and the task is bigger than most players realize. Once you register for the GAC we start the process of building the matchups immediately, and you can imagine the havoc one would wreck if players could drop in and out and in and out of the GAC while the game is trying to do some matchup heavy lifting.

It's really not as easy of a fix as you think. And yes I would like CG to focus on new content rather than a fix that is easily avoidable for someone who pays a little attention.

This brings me back to my previously stated point: I know in the most recent Q&A, CG said that matchmaking starts right after you click "join." But that doesn't make sense because some people don't join until the last few minutes or seconds of the join period. So if the matchmaking algorithms can wait on them to join, surely, they can wait for me to leave and then rejoin.

It's the same story for TW matchmaking. What if a guild is at 221K GP until the last 5 seconds of the join period, and then another member joins with 5K GP? That puts that guild over the 225K "hump" and into the next TW tier. So whichever guild they were matched up with until those final few seconds of the join period can't be matched up with them anymore unless they also had members join in the last few seconds that propelled their collective GP to the next tier.
  • And when you are only matching two teams together vs 8 individual teams it becomes much more complicated on the GAC side. With the TW you are looking at 50 times less matchups with less combos. I should do the math to figure out the numbers of combinations but it's too late.
  • 1.1761743e+12 combos per 1000 players for GAC. (125 choose 8)

190 combos per 1000 players for TW. (20 choose 2)

So a significant undertaking for matchmaking in GAC but not so much in TW.
    Iy4oy4s
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Slaveen;c-2109104" wrote:
    "Vuko;c-2109102" wrote:
    "Slaveen;c-2109099" wrote:
    It's second nature to just hit the GAC icon and then the "enter" button as soon as you bring up the game.
    Maybe for you. It’s honestly not that hard to ignore the button, especially if you know the programmed behaviour.
    Does the UI suck? Sure. But it’s easy to work around the bad things of it.

This is literally one of the MOST requested QOL changes requested by the community. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean everyone should be just like you. Believe it or not, people are different than you. I know it's a hard realization to grapple with.

CG works a little differently than most developers. The more the community wants and asks for something, the less likely it is to actually get done. After all, they know best...
    tward930
    New Spectator
    "Slaveen;c-2109116" wrote:
    Like, I'd really like for someone to explain to me why this change absolutely CANNOT be implemented. I know in the most recent Q&A, CG said that matchmaking starts right after you click "join." But that doesn't make sense because some people don't join until the last few minutes or seconds of the join period. So if the matchmaking algorithms can wait on them to join, surely, they can wait for me to leave and then rejoin. Mistakes happen, especially in the middle of a TB where you're constantly swapping mods. It's easy to overlook a few toons, as I did today, when rearranging your mods, join GAC, and then realize later that you forgot to add mods back to a few toons. An "are you sure?" button would prompt players to go back and double check their mods. Being about to leave and rejoin JUST LIKE TW would be even better.

I know and you all know I'm not alone in this. Again, this is one of the most, if not THE most requested QOL change from the community. Yet CG refuses.

I'm sure it can be changed. Just as much as I am sure you can adapt.

Pretty sure that means I am not sure at all of this I am sure.
  • "Slaveen;c-2109116" wrote:
    Like, I'd really like for someone to explain to me why this change absolutely CANNOT be implemented.

Because it's just hilarious to look at you opponent's half-unmodded roster even after the system has been like this for months.

Changing the roster lock system would take this away.
  • "DadKev;c-2109204" wrote:
    1.1761743e+12 combos per 1000 players for GAC. (125 choose 8)

So yeah that's like 6 Billion times more calculations to run just for 1000 players.
  • "DadKev;c-2109360" wrote:
    "DadKev;c-2109204" wrote:
    1.1761743e+12 combos per 1000 players for GAC. (125 choose 8)

So yeah that's like 6 Billion more calculations to run just for 1000 players.

Or you just sort them by matchmaking GP, highest to lowest, and walk your data structure assigning groups of 8. KISS principle.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,289 PostsLatest Activity: 39 minutes ago