Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Has TW just gotten worse again?

Before the changes my guild stood a chance against our opponents. For the last two we lost by a few points and won our first ever one but now its back to the opposite guild being overpowered. What has happened?
  • "Syph;c-1512222" wrote:
    well being in a guild that has done all of those things, i can say that no amount of planning can get you ahead in a matchup against a guild that is simply FAR more powerful, there is no strategy to beat a group that has every player a million gp above ANY of our players. so i appreciate that you were trying to help but i am offended that you think there is a strategy fix for this. and it's not just me you are offending, this looks to be a very common thing, funny part is after the update, we fought very evenly matched opponents in exciting wars that came down to the wire and won and lost by mere tens of banners, then the "FIX" happened and its not even close. not even reasonable, and not even fun.
    a shame since our guild considers this to be the best play experience in the game, we really get together and plan for these things and get excited to get involved.

I had suggested a long term plan, and you are saying you have done this..... that's not possible, but I do understand where you are coming from. There are long term plans that can help later, and short term plans for now. I understand that you think no short term plan will work, I get that. Focus on the long term and keep providing feedback to let them make adjustments.

Are you really facing guilds that are 50M above you? (Every player 1 M over each of yours)
  • "Syph;c-1512276" wrote:
    since the start of territory wars we have had every player working towards strong defensive squads and strong attacking squads. we have implemented both long term and short term plans, i agree we can get stronger over time, with growing our GP, but that doesn't fix the problem since our enemies will also get stronger.

We had 48 members join and active GP was 40 million, they had 30/43 members join and had 59 million active GP so that means each member just barely under 2 million and each of ours just a little under a million

So you were placing 15/21 defensive placments?

Did you look at swgoh.gg to verify this or just calculated the average?

I have never looked before, it shows the active gp of the other team?
  • "Syph;c-1513020" wrote:
    we contacted them on discord to congratulate them on their win as soon as the attack phase started, we were placing 16 defensive placements and filled most territories to between 10 and 16 full depending on strategic advantage of each. we asked how many they had join the war and their average gps, they were disappointed it would not be much of a fight and displayed screens of their reward tier with their estimation at 59mil active gp.

Their guild had only 8/43 members with .gg accounts, sort of like our guild where most people aren't bothering to sign up for .gg due to the overwhelming number of resources available to do the same thing that .gg does
    we did not exchange .ggs for this reason nor would it have offered much information

(@moderator honestly i know that the developers are incapable of figuring out that a GP disparity cap/matchmaking tiers is the best and only balance for lower GP guilds to get fair matchups, I'd kindly request that you just remove all my posts from the past 48 hours and i will move on and stop complaining, i certainly don't want them to go trying to fix anything in fear of it getting worse yet again. If you wouldn't mind/If you can, please just take all my posts down, i don't really want to be seen as the kind of person who does this anyway, its my first time posting on EA forums and i've gotten carried away)

Any feedback is good feedback, no need to remove anything.

The reason I am asking is to get an accurate picture. Because sometimes people will exaggerate or not have all the facts when they match on these topics, so it muddies the waters and can't paint a clear picture.
  • "Syph;c-1513168" wrote:
    @Kyno our second war is 37mil vs 40mil we had 5 less members join up out of frustration from last time. but the squad depth is 21 this time....does that make sense, i thought that the way i read the post that smaller guilds should have shallower defense depths? good matchup though. so now i feel even more like i complained way overboard here. one bad matchup does indicate though that the algorithm is missing certain limits. but 1 out of 2 aint bad

The def squads per zone are roughly half of the lowest guilds participating numbers. So 21 means that there should be one of the two of you with ~42 members locked in for the war.
  • "Syph;c-1512069" wrote:
    flagging your comment as offensive

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-17-2015/gTAWaD.gif
  • "Syph;c-1513168" wrote:
    Kyno our second war is 37mil vs 40mil we had 5 less members join up out of frustration from last time. but the squad depth is 21 this time....does that make sense, i thought that the way i read the post that smaller guilds should have shallower defense depths? good matchup though. so now i feel even more like i complained way overboard here. one bad matchup does indicate though that the algorithm is missing certain limits. but 1 out of 2 aint bad

Yes that does sound normal, it's not exact. But roughly half.
  • I don't think that guild GP is the only measurement for opponents. In the current TW, the guild we are facing is 5 million GP lower than us. Their highest GP player has 97 gear 12 characters, and 41 gear 11. That player has some serious power.

Our leader has 12 gear 12 characters.

Tactics aside, they'll beat us because we won't get by the defenses this 1 player set.

We have won some matches by the same circumstances, so I guess it evens out.