Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Help Moving Account to a New Apple ID

I've been playing SWGOH for about three and a half years now, and I've been doing so attached to a Game Center account tied to a shared Apple ID. I've been looking to get a new Apple ID so I can start being more independent, but I'd also rather not lose over three years of game progress while doing so. I figured that I could wait for Facebook linking to come back and shift my account that way, but I contacted EA Help to ask if that would work when I'm moving between IDs on the same device.

Well, the person I talked to at EA Help says that there's NO way to move an account from one Apple ID to another, as the Facebook Linking method only works between different operating systems. Meaning if I get a new ID, I'd lose my account, with no way of recovering it without going back to a shared ID.

Is that true? I've seen some things poking around the forums to suggest otherwise, notably people saying that EA cloned or moved their accounts to give to a new ID or phone. I've also found this post ( https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24790/changing-apple-id-help ), where an almost identical issue was fixed without EA interference. The problem is these discussions are several years old, and I don't know if any major updates that have happened since would remove these solutions.

Can anyone help me or give me advice about this?

(I posted this topic earlier, but then I edited it and it disappeared. I know that's an intentional thing if you edit a post too soon, but this topic is rather urgent and I can't find any approval progress or anything.)
  • "QuickGoneJim;c-2156807" wrote:
    Yes, you can use several Apple IDs and on the same device you can switch between these Apple IDs within the Game Center app. In previous versions of iOS this was possible without switching Apple IDs. However, that has nothing to do with account transfers.

Correct. He could create his own Apple ID to be primary on his devices and then just use the shared one for Game Center though.
  • I imagine this won’t be allowed (especially since Ahnahldgate) as, whilst you’re situation is legitimate, this could be a very easy way to “sell” accounts.

I would expect that, even if they could, they won’t allow any transferring of accounts in any circumstances to avoid any potential breach of tos.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,303 PostsLatest Activity: 44 minutes ago