Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Heroic AAT Phase 3 - Chirpa EP and Triple Tank Strategy

So I thought I'd share the details of this strategy to land some high damage numbers in arguably the most difficult phase of the AAT raid, p3. Credit to @Maraxus and Trillizo Y Uno for the initial brainstorm on this amazing strat.

The line up is Chirpa (L) EP and 3 tanks. I recommend ST Han, RG and SF. SF can easily be replaced by any other tank for those that don't have him.

Chirpa Lead allows EP 10% TM every time he uses his basic. EP also gains 15% TM per Shocked enemy each time he uses his basic. EP needs to shock all the adds to gain 100% TM per basic hit. At this point, no one else gains turn meter naturally. TM still can be generated by unique abilities:

• The boss B2 will gain 5% TM per hit and has a 35% chance to counter, gaining 25% TM when he does so. This prevents truly unlimited turn meter, which will trivialize the phase.
  • RG will also gain TM when anyone in your team gets hit.
  • If ST Han is taunting and alive, he will also grant TM to your team.

Ideally, ST Han should have a lot of speed to move before the droids, who move at 232 speed. This gives you a big advantage as EP can shock 2 droids before the enemy even moves (Chirpa RNG is required to call EP on assist). If your ST Han cannot move that fast, this is not a deal breaker, but your ultimate damage will be slightly lower.

General Strategy

• At the start of the encounter St Han should taunt and ideally grant enough TM to EP and Chirpa.
  • EP should start shocking the adds one by one.
  • Use Chirpa's assist, best case it should call EP for a 2nd shock.
  • Use RG to stun the adds, especially the one with the green triangle.
  • Do not use Chirpa's retribution. This will cause unwanted hits on the boss raising his TM and can also grant Chirpa TM (this is undesired).
  • While the adds still have hp left, unload the off-hits onto them to minimise the B2 counters. DO NOT KILL ANY OF THE ADDS.
  • When ST Han's protection is depleted, get SF to taunt (he will still gain TM from ST Han getting hits). If you go too early, SF could potentially have his taunt fall off near the end of the encounter, since he also gains 10% TM from counters. If you go too late, SF will not get a chance to taunt once TM is frozen.
  • Once all adds are shocked, spam EP's basic on the boss.
  • Do not kill any adds.

Please see the below video for a sample run. Note the RNG wasn't the greatest here and I also apologize for the choppy animations. Had to run this on power save during a live zerg raid.

https://youtu.be/uNvRNj6LlEo

This is an indication of good rng potential with this team: