Forum Discussion

7 years ago

I have had enough of the stun gun, stun cuff ..... crunch

Its a little ridiculous and was obviously all thrown together in the beginning with no thought what so ever. There is no reason why i.e. jedi should require the same gear as Sith, droids or any other faction! Every faction should have their own gear sets. This would I believe release some of the aggravation that players have in gearing up heros.

Every faction should be different and I believe it's an easy and most welcomed change that players would love. Maybe we would even have a use for challenge gear again!
  • "Kyno;c-1605249" wrote:
    Yes there is a gear crunch, but having specific gear that would then be useless to other toons would probably make the issue worse. I dont mind farming a specific piece and having a choice of where to put it, but having extra of something and nowhere useful to out it would just be a waste.

Like challenge gear remember when we could sell it back lol
    I would welcome that
  • it would be useful if lower tier gear could be used to creat higher tier items i.e 10 or 20 mk4 fragment equal 1 mk5 and so on. that would help make lower items relevant to higher order players again and maybe reduce frustration.
    a proper P2P gear and shard trading platform would also be good. either in guild or otherwise. donations is a bit rubbish when everyone in your guild needs the same kit.
  • The ship table is a great place to farm stun guns now. Drop rate has been really good (I want to say at least 30-40%, based on just my own extremely small sample size and "feels" rather than data tracking) and it's on a normal node so only 10 energy a pop.

Unfortunately it's also a great place to farm G12 purple gear (for the same reasons) so you do have to choose one or the other to some extent.
  • "GNobi1noloni;c-1605759" wrote:
    it would be useful if lower tier gear could be used to creat higher tier items i.e 10 or 20 mk4 fragment equal 1 mk5 and so on. that would help make lower items relevant to higher order players again and maybe reduce frustration.
    a proper P2P gear and shard trading platform would also be good. either in guild or otherwise. donations is a bit rubbish when everyone in your guild needs the same kit.

Yes I've been thinking the same thing
  • "TVF;c-1605820" wrote:
    The ship table is a great place to farm stun guns now. Drop rate has been really good (I want to say at least 30-40%, based on just my own extremely small sample size and "feels" rather than data tracking) and it's on a normal node so only 10 energy a pop.

Unfortunately it's also a great place to farm G12 purple gear (for the same reasons) so you do have to choose one or the other to some extent.

I dont mind the grind as much as I make it sound I'm a day 1 free to play 3.4 mill gp I would just like to see diversity in the factions or make use of their abilities i.e. if you have a stun ability you need stun guns to gear up same with say greedo he should need a boat load of TDs to gear up that's all I really want. Just not having everyone need st guns and carbonties would be nice
  • Oh and may I add MK V furnaces too? Those things are even harder to get when you need them.

Not quite as needed as stun guns but they are a pain.
  • You'll get to a point where you don't really need those. I'm sitting on over 300 salvage atm. I've got maybe 8 or 9 toons that need one and I'm not jazzed about giving it to any of them.
  • Yeah, well they are currently keeping my TFP in G8 town and Zeb for that matter.

The shard shop has been very naughty lately.
  • "TVF;c-1606192" wrote:
    You'll get to a point where you don't really need those. I'm sitting on over 300 salvage atm. I've got maybe 8 or 9 toons that need one and I'm not jazzed about giving it to any of them.

Welp, thanks. That helps to know haha. Been wondering if i should buy the full pieces lately.

Are the nubian tech/scanners the same? Like, do people get a lot of those after a point of time?