Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Is History Going Repeat Itself?

Galactic Legend Rey v Galactic Legend Kylo

Rey: Greater Investment
Kylo: Lesser Investment

(Rey requires more characters than Kylo that have incredibly limited use making them useless post event)

Result: Kylo > Rey

Kylo is one of the best PvE / PvP characters while outperforming Rey in arena without requiring massive investment to counter (GS / Han / Chewie)

Now we have Jedi Master Luke & Sith Eternal Emperor

JML: Much greater investment
SEE: Much friendlier investment

Y’all already know it’ll be SEE > JML
  • "yankeeh8er;c-2170825" wrote:

So I am going to keep working towards him, at least until we get the kit reveal and I decide if he is worth it.

"yankeeh8er;c-2170825" wrote:

If I had gone for either klyo or Rey no way could I have gotten jkl and I like luke way more. I find jedis to be a much better faction in this game as well.

It seems to me you’ve switched the discussion from going for a GL to why you’re glad you didn’t go for Rey or Kylo.
    When you have JKL and find jedis to be a much better faction... why not just jo that little extra and get JML to make your jedis even better?

• "SGP;c-2170829" wrote:

It seems to me you’ve switched the discussion from going for a GL to why you’re glad you didn’t go for Rey or Kylo.
    When you have JKL and find jedis to be a much better faction... why not just jo that little extra and get JML to make your jedis even better?

I didn't switch the discussion I was replying to someone that quoted me. I am going for jml. I am actually getting pretty close outside of mon and 3pac.
  • "TVF;c-2170832" wrote:
    I noticed you didn't answer the TB part.

I tried to look in game and I don't see how to access the stats from the previous lsgeotb. I am usually 1stbor 2nd for waves cleared in my guild. I don't think Rey really helps that much there, at least I know that several people complained last tb about still losing in p1 even with Rey.
  • "yankeeh8er;c-2170835" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2170832" wrote:

I tried to look in game and I don't see how to access the stats from the previous lsgeotb. I am usually 1stbor 2nd for waves cleared in my guild. I don't think Rey really helps that much there, at least I know that several people complained last tb about still losing in p1 even with Rey.

Those people are doing something very, very wrong. Should be 4/4 the vast majority of the time.
  • "yankeeh8er;c-2170835" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2170832" wrote:

I dont have her UA yet and I can go 4/4 with her the first day.
  • "SGP;c-2170675" wrote:
    "Mirkraag;c-2170671" wrote:

Well GL emperor seems quite accessible for new players

Compared to JML, yes. But you still need to farm Phoenix squad to unlock Thrawn, farm jedis to unlock EP and farm a bunch of other toons and gear them to relic lvls.

True he looks like the fastest route to a GL. But if he is for new players I would guess depends on what you define as new players. And how much cash said player is willing to use.

its rebels to get palp not jedi. so only phoenix is needed
  • "flux_rono;c-2172463" wrote:
    "SGP;c-2170675" wrote:
    "Mirkraag;c-2170671" wrote:

Well GL emperor seems quite accessible for new players

Compared to JML, yes. But you still need to farm Phoenix squad to unlock Thrawn, farm jedis to unlock EP and farm a bunch of other toons and gear them to relic lvls.

True he looks like the fastest route to a GL. But if he is for new players I would guess depends on what you define as new players. And how much cash said player is willing to use.

its rebels to get palp not jedi. so only phoenix is needed

You’re right (it’s been so long since I unlocked him)
  • Tbh I'm very happy with the requirements and kit reveals for both new GLs. I dont get the early speculation that one toon is "better" than the other. Everyone complained that Kylo was the weaker GL before he and Rey entered the game. We wont know anything until people can start testing them out.
  • "ObiJuanPollo;c-2175823" wrote:
    Tbh I'm very happy with the requirements and kit reveals for both new GLs. I dont get the early speculation that one toon is "better" than the other. Everyone complained that Kylo was the weaker GL before he and Rey entered the game. We wont know anything until people can start testing them out.

The community always finds team comps that CG and their 3 testers miss so their intended balance gets thrown out the window pretty quickly. Hence all the Kylo buffs.

Outside of that, you can theorycraft plenty on paper which is why you always get the discussion of x being better than y before either are available.

With SEE having massive anti-jedi mechanics in his kit I can't see why you don't get people thinking he's going to be better. But we wont actually know until they're both in the wild.