Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

I just want to say that the recent addition of not only one, but now two Luke characters that are in my opinion sub-par is greatly affecting my desire to play this game at all. I sorta understood that JKL was not suppose to be the end-all-be-all, since they were working towards a GL Luke. However, now that the GL Luke is here and the main free to play counters I see are JKR and DR makes me want to vomit. I do not have either of those characters for the express reason that I am an old-school 1st trilogy Star Wars fan, and this ad-hoc character that is from some other game that has been injected into this game frustrates me to no end. I have always been ill about all the clamoring over this bleep of a character and all his annoying co-horts ( thinking Bastilla and Malak here ) GL Luke should be able to waste this annoyance just like any other squad. I would rather see Vader be a counter for Luke, as Vader never truly lost to Luke, and even cut his hand off. I have even seen that they say that the new GL Palp does well against Luke also, which I can also understand, it makes sense. Even the GL Rey and Kylo are understandable. But why for the sake of any sanity must we continue to deal with the bleepin Revans. Why must we deal with these non-cannon, non-GL hacks day in and day out. I am so tired of having to find a Darth Revan squad that does not have god-tier speed to stay in the top 500 of my shard. I want an Original Trilogy Character that kicks their tail day in and day out and I can put it in squad arena and not worry about dropping hundreds through the ranks. It has been a year and a half since DR came to the game and we are still having to deal with that bum. He has had his time in the spot light, let it fade. Bring back what this story is truly about. Bring back the cannon characters to per-eminence in the Meta. Sure you tossed a few Luke's our way, Palp is original also, and I still applaud the upgrade to Vader as one of the most significant things I have ever seen in this game. If you guys make a GL Vader and he does not literally crush those revan fools, I am done with this game. I am already seriously frustrated with what I have seen with Luke. Why do you restrain him? This is suppose to be the best version of Luke. I don't know how better to convey my disappointment on this character. Luke is the one GL I was looking forward to farming for, but now I am not in a rush. Thrawn is another non-cannon character that somehow seems to always persist as a force to be reckoned with. One would think GL Luke would be immune to fracture. If this were the case, then a lot of these so-called counters would not work as they formulate them, because he could take turns and heal. I mean, your gonna tell me that a character that my G8 Phoenix squad took out, can put the pause button on a GL Luke? It simply does not make sense. Too many random frustrated thoughts to parse out into meaningful comments so I will leave it at this. Does anyone else feel this way? Anyone else gut-punched at the underwhelming power of GL Luke? Or am I just a solitary old guy in my 80's retro logic.

May the Force be with You....Wish it were with GL Luke.
  • Anyone else gut-punched at the underwhelming power of GL Luke?

1- there is already a noted bug with his kit
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236653/server-update-10-09-2020#latest

2- every release of a toon starts out like this or that they are so OP nothing can beat them

Maybe give it a little time before jumping to any conclusions.
  • Yeah, this post really needs paragraphs. But I have somewhat manged to decode what is being said and only have 1 response to it: "Shut up, karen". Seriously, this guy is basically blaming the game for not conforming to his limited worldview and his inability to understand counters.
    He calls Thrawn "non-cannon" and can't believe he can counter so may while his gear 8 phoenix can beat him. I've never seen a gear 8 phoenix team beat a relic 7 Thrawn before, and even then it's 5v1 and the counters are never just Thrawn so, I'd say this is a good example of how small this persons worldview and brain is.
    He also hates both Revan's and all their allies for being in the game. I'm pretty sure this guy just insured the Old republic games, rebels show, clone wars show, and all other non-movie star wars things and those that like them. It's honestly pathetic how small this guys bubble is.
    I'd end this with "may the force be with you", but after reading this post. It's clear the force was never with this faker at all and never will be, unless he fixes that limited worldview and toxic mentality of his.
  • "KnightZer0ne;d-236689" wrote:
    Does anyone else feel this way? Anyone else gut-punched at the underwhelming power of GL Luke? Or am I just a solitary old guy in my 80's retro logic?

I vote that you are a solitary old guy in your 80's retro logic.
  • "Nikoms565;c-2178120" wrote:
    I think after looking into this a little more, CG will buff SLKR....again. :D

• "Kyno;c-2178283" wrote:
    "Nikoms565;c-2178120" wrote:
    I think after looking into this a little more, CG will buff SLKR....again. :D

Your sense of humor meter has bounced back nicely. ;)
  • I think after looking into this a little more, CG will buff SLKR....again. :D