Forum Discussion

Drimtg
New Spectator
3 years ago

Kitten mode engaged

The new ship does Quick work of the EXE for sure but….. it has on kitten mode for defense any chance you’ll take off the training wheels and make it a a defense ship? No mark at start and Han wiggles at start? Seems like CG got a serious case of kitten mode. Seems crazy to have to take it off defense in arena no?
  • "NicWester;c-2380263" wrote:
    "KausDebonair;c-2380211" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2380204" wrote:
    "KausDebonair;c-2380193" wrote:
    "DarjeloSalas;c-2380129" wrote:
    Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

Not sure what else you were expecting. It’s delivered what CG said it kitten*.

Spoiler
    * sorry - not sure why you keep typing kitten?

Isn’t “kitten” an auto-filter for swearing in posts?

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't substitute swear words, it substitutes... To be honest, I can't remember what. Straight up swears get turned into asterisks, simple enough. Some other negative non-swears get filtered into kitten.

Negative non-swears also are turned into asterisks. Try one.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2380265" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-2380263" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2380204" wrote:
    Isn’t this the same as the Negotiator / Malevolence meta? Negotiator stomped Malevolence and vice versa?

Spoiler

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't substitute swear words, it substitutes... To be honest, I can't remember what. Straight up swears get turned into asterisks, simple enough. Some other negative non-swears get filtered into kitten.

It’s not the forum filter making it say kitten. The OP is typing kitten - you can see this by clicking “report” on one of his posts which shows the post exactly as it was submitted.

It appears as though it’s something the Gen Z brigade have invented as a substitute for profanity. When I read it, it strikes me as being incredibly childish.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Your mileage may vary, but I like the substitution because I like seeing how language evolves and I'm sure my parents thought the same thing when they first heard me say "rad" ?

Anyway, beyond that, was there a filter back in the day? I feel like back in the Kozispoon days there was a kitten filter.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2380265" wrote:
    "NicWester;c-2380263" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2380204" wrote:

Spoiler

No

Oh. News to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s not the forum filter making it say kitten. The OP is typing kitten - you can see this by clicking “report” on one of his posts which shows the post exactly as it was submitted.

It appears as though it’s something the Gen Z brigade have invented as a substitute for profanity. When I read it, it strikes me as being incredibly childish.

I believe the whole “kittens” thing was the work of a previous community manager or maybe forum mod. They replaced profanities with the word “kittens” for some time and it seems to have stuck.