Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Let's talk about what's "OP"

So this community does a great job with using the word OP but what does It actually take to be "OP"

Obviously for those that have been around since the start this game has went through several meta changes whether it be the dooku counter/dodge meta, the Poe coin flipping meta, the Rey meta etc where people have cried nerf this nerf that the toon is "OP"

But now we have the chaze combo where I'm actually willing to say myself for the first time is the only combo I find "OP"

When 2 toons can take out an entire team there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

What I actual consider OP is when you have a toon that has a specific role that excels in multiple roles better than toons who have ONE role.

With Chaze synergy being the example and then suppose to be acting as a tank/balanced attacker not only do they do that but they cleanse, debuff, taunt, heal and do good damage which is literally what entire metas are made up of.

This is the first time for myself where I've actually felt in this game where something is warranted with a decently heavy nerf
  • "BrianBuchanans;817659" wrote:
    "xReDeMpx;817654" wrote:
    "BrianBuchanans;817632" wrote:
    I can't believe we're still talking about That Video™... the video proves that mods, and specifically speed mods, are extremely important; that Vader's AI needs a reboot (remember when he Culling Bladed toons without debuffs twice?); that B2 or a well-timed Boba shot is a necessity to take down a Chaze team; that high survivability is on its way to becoming the true new meta.

Everybody seems to forget that this exact same scenario happened with Handokin. Three toons to take down a team. Now it's two, but there's no real difference. Y'all just salted now because these toons were pay-locked or tournament-locked and you can't access them.

No man it's not people just being salty.

You shouldent have a pair of toons that make 90% of other toons irrelevant and give a 10% leeway of certain needed toons to beat the team.

Having 2 toons that play MULTIPLE ROLES better than toons that have ONE ROLE is the problem. How can you not see that?

You have a toon that is literally a Swiss army knive that does everything needed in the meta.

I'm not specifically even talking about that video no where did I mention that other than said 2v5

I specifically said chaze combo

I don't understand how people don't realize problems.

Then again most people here probably haven't gamed as much as me and competitively as me and I actually worked on balancing for a few games myself with devs

It's always been like this, though. Leia with stealth was essentially the same as having the other toons tank while she did massive damage. Poe with droids was a fast tank with a DPS bonus with Expose. STHan was a fast tank with heavy TM manipulation. Handokin (I might add... who we saw in many videos doing 3v5's) was ridiculous for a while there between Lando doing his job extremely well, Han performing the aforementioned role, and Anakin having insane revenge damage.

Chirrut is a heavy-hitting Ackbar on steroids. Blast him with Boba or place your buff immunity right and he falls.

Of course there's power discrepancy. Power struggles make money. Nothing changed.

Those other toons had no where the extent of playing multiple roles as chaze does. Yes there has always been toons that play multiple role but not toons that play them so well that make 90% of other toons completely irrelevant.

I will be making an in depth statistical post about both imwe and baze to end this non sense of people not getting it
  • "BrianBuchanans;817685" wrote:
    "xReDeMpx;817683" wrote:
    "BrianBuchanans;817659" wrote:
    "xReDeMpx;817654" wrote:
    "BrianBuchanans;817632" wrote:
    I can't believe we're still talking about That Video™... the video proves that mods, and specifically speed mods, are extremely important; that Vader's AI needs a reboot (remember when he Culling Bladed toons without debuffs twice?); that B2 or a well-timed Boba shot is a necessity to take down a Chaze team; that high survivability is on its way to becoming the true new meta.

Everybody seems to forget that this exact same scenario happened with Handokin. Three toons to take down a team. Now it's two, but there's no real difference. Y'all just salted now because these toons were pay-locked or tournament-locked and you can't access them.

No man it's not people just being salty.

You shouldent have a pair of toons that make 90% of other toons irrelevant and give a 10% leeway of certain needed toons to beat the team.

Having 2 toons that play MULTIPLE ROLES better than toons that have ONE ROLE is the problem. How can you not see that?

You have a toon that is literally a Swiss army knive that does everything needed in the meta.

I'm not specifically even talking about that video no where did I mention that other than said 2v5

I specifically said chaze combo

I don't understand how people don't realize problems.

Then again most people here probably haven't gamed as much as me and competitively as me and I actually worked on balancing for a few games myself with devs

It's always been like this, though. Leia with stealth was essentially the same as having the other toons tank while she did massive damage. Poe with droids was a fast tank with a DPS bonus with Expose. STHan was a fast tank with heavy TM manipulation. Handokin (I might add... who we saw in many videos doing 3v5's) was ridiculous for a while there between Lando doing his job extremely well, Han performing the aforementioned role, and Anakin having insane revenge damage.

Chirrut is a heavy-hitting Ackbar on steroids. Blast him with Boba or place your buff immunity right and he falls.

Of course there's power discrepancy. Power struggles make money. Nothing changed.

Those other toons had no where the extent of playing multiple roles as chaze does. Yes there has always been toons that play multiple role but not toons that play them so well that make 90% of other toons completely irrelevant.

I will be making an in depth statistical post about both imwe and baze to end this non sense of people not getting it

By all means, I would love to see that report, but as you've said in regards to K-2SO, this is an issue that affects maybe the top 2.5% of the game. Chirrut and Baze are both locked away tightly, so for those few who are willing to drop a couple k to max them, I think it's only fair that they should be getting something wildly powerful.

And even at that, this duo, even with a full team, is apparently beatable.

Yes while it does affect a small percentage of players it still does. I've spent more than I like to admit but I also could of got those toons if I wanted to.

I've been using non meta teams since the launch of this game because I don't like to use toons that make things extra easy then think nothing's wrong with them.

I'm not a person to have something and because I have it think everyone else is just complaining.

I'll do some actual statistical research and make a post shortly about it
  • "CatoNines;817698" wrote:
    OP means "I didn't farm something that someone else is kicking my @zz with".

Nice contribution of an ignorant statement
  • "Asic;817477" wrote:
    Chaze is a good nickname. I prefer to call them bobba food.

Ignore chirrut until he has 5-6 heal over time. Bobba one shot kills with execute, ignoring Baze taunt.

Baze is annoying. His aoe dispel is probably his most useful attribute, given B2 nullifies his taunt/retribution.

The pair are nothing like wiggs as I would have to disagree with you.

Who is BOBBA???

• "TronTheKhan;817703" wrote:
    "Asic;817477" wrote:
    Chaze is a good nickname. I prefer to call them bobba food.

Ignore chirrut until he has 5-6 heal over time. Bobba one shot kills with execute, ignoring Baze taunt.

Baze is annoying. His aoe dispel is probably his most useful attribute, given B2 nullifies his taunt/retribution.

The pair are nothing like wiggs as I would have to disagree with you.

Who is BOBBA???

Janggo's son
  • "Danbloo;817559" wrote:
    You guys complaining about 2v5. That is literally a hyper whale that nobody will normally see or experience. What is OP is mods. Be sure to check the mod shop and farm speed mods and speed secondary mods. Getting the first turn is OP.

I'm 100% ftp and with good speed main and secondary mods, I can hang with whales and rank top 15-20 arena and rank high during raids. Speed is where it's at.

Exactly!