Forum Discussion

5 years ago

MALAK Knight side unbeatable?

So I was set up to do Light Side MALAK last two times but it was pulled before I got to it. Finally trying after watching all the vids to see if there is any pattern and how to set up mods.
-MALAK starts match with two stacks.
-killing a droid sometimes only removes 2 stacks instead of 3
- MALAK is countering any time I attack or use a skill, even when he is not targeted.
- I have had MALAK to 16 stacks, all droids dead, all pods gone, get MALAK to 50% health. He then one shots Zalbar, gets full health, attacks several times to get to 30 stacks, kills mission, then there is nothing I can do.

I can understand a difficult event but this seems bugged or impossible. Can someone check this event before giving me the “its been beat in the past” response? I am tired of wasting time on the event for it to not be beatable, especially after having EA jerk us around in this (and not compensate us for the last screw up).
  • "Rottguttchrs;c-2052573" wrote:
    Hi! Just checking in January 2020, and yes malak light side is 100% impossible to beat, you either know a mod or you're cheating, I'm not a whale or anything but this event today has just made me quit the game, if I can't progress not even with money which is all EA cares about then it's no longer worth it, but I did have 4 great years playing the game and it was fun but malak is really just taken the wind out of my sails it's just not worth it anymore. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the game whatever it may bring.

Those thousands of unlocked Malaks in the game are just figments of my imagination?! I knew it. My therapist said they were real, but I knew he was lying.. must have been paid by CG.
  • "Dm1996;c-2052594" wrote:
    i got him down to no jedi, droid shreded but he killed z before i could start to shred him. so no malek for me. guess i will try to get them to g13 and relics, then maybe i can win. or just rely on dark side shards i guess when the event comes around. really makes arena harder without him.

You get the dark side shards only once. Don't shred bots, shred only Malak. Give him the crit immunity buff so you don't get feared. Kill the other 3 jedis and bots with aoe and single fire. Get to 5 stacks of shreds and win.
  • You get the dark side shards only once. Don't shred bots, shred only Malak. Give him the crit immunity buff so you don't get feared. Kill the other 3 jedis and bots with aoe and single fire. Get to 5 stacks of shreds and win.

Yea i tried it the way it shows on youtube videos but non of that worked for me. What i described above was just the last attempt i made, trying something different.

As far as the guy above with the imagination, maybe those people just spent money on the game and so they get "extra" help. Whatever the reason, i just know my team is over specced for the encounter and still fails. so maybe if i get them super specced i can win. its the same with the chewy event, i was slightly over spec and failed. when i super speced it was easy.
  • "Dm1996;c-2052688" wrote:
    You get the dark side shards only once. Don't shred bots, shred only Malak. Give him the crit immunity buff so you don't get feared. Kill the other 3 jedis and bots with aoe and single fire. Get to 5 stacks of shreds and win.

Yea i tried it the way it shows on youtube videos but non of that worked for me. What i described above was just the last attempt i made, trying something different.

As far as the guy above with the imagination, maybe those people just spent money on the game and so they get "extra" help. Whatever the reason, i just know my team is over specced for the encounter and still fails. so maybe if i get them super specced i can win. its the same with the chewy event, i was slightly over spec and failed. when i super speced it was easy.

What’s overspecced? Details? Mods? Lol extra help for paying, unless you mean more gear etc
  • "Gifafi;c-2052812" wrote:
    "Dm1996;c-2052688" wrote:

What’s overspecced? Details? Mods? Lol extra help for paying, unless you mean more gear etc

My team are all g12(almost 13), speed 230+, with my best arena mods. that why i wrote, maybe if they are g13 with relics i can win next time. as far as help, i mean the RNG might favor paying customers more.
  • Update 4-18-2020

Still cant beat light side.

All zetas.
    Revan 12.3 spd 236
    Shah 12.3 236
    Bindo 12.4 230
    Zalbar 12.5 232 59khealth 85kprot
    Vao 12.4 251

I have a guildmate that beat it with 18k zalbar and vao but he had relic 4 and 3 revan and bindo. I can only get 3 or 4 shreds before he absorbs one, then he just keeps healing back to back to back to....until zaalbar goes down then its over.

The best i can do is, all stasis fields destroyed, no malak absorb, 1 shred on each droid, 3 shreds on malak. He just keeps absorbing health every turn. Not enraged but absorbs one after another until either zal is gone or vao.