Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Mastery stat adjustments?

Are you or would you consider updating certain mastery stats... for example, hermit yoda receives accuracy crit avoidance and damage, he can’t attack so accuracy and damage are ‘dead’ mastery stats... I do realize or dearest yoda has departed, but as he became one with the force, surely his (in game) mastery of the force could be a bit more tuned in !!
  • Yeah I think they should have come up with 3 more:
    Non-attacker support - potency tenacity and defense
    Non-attacker healer - health tenacity and defense
    Specialty damage - potency damage and tenacity

Those 3 mastery groups would more or less cover every flaw in the current system.
  • "MagicMatthews99;c-2060419" wrote:
    "Woodroward;c-2060332" wrote:
    Yeah I think they should have come up with 3 more:

Those 3 mastery groups would more or less cover every flaw in the current system.

Jengineer is a non-attacker healer, but he'd benefit more from your non-attacker support stats.

Can't expect it to be perfect right off the bat, but those do look pretty good, and a better option than just blindly assigning mastery based on five year old roles. Besides, if we're making up new classes and giving them to whoever, there's no reason we can't just give JE the non-attacker support role.
  • I believe there was a dev response in a q and a about this particularly issue as it applied to b1 and they basically told us to suck it up so dont hold your breath on a mastery rework
  • Mastery stats are based on the character's class (tank, support, attacker, healer) and primary stat (strength, tactics, agility), so probably not, unless they decide to fundamentally change how Mastery is calculated (unlikely), or change Hoda's classifications (also unlikely). If it makes you feel any better, Hoda isn't the only one with this problem - B1, for example, gains nothing from the CC and CD parts of his mastery.
  • "Woodroward;c-2060332" wrote:

Jengineer is a non-attacker healer, but he'd benefit more from your non-attacker support stats.
  • "MagicMatthews99;c-2060419" wrote:
    "Woodroward;c-2060332" wrote:

If they want to keep things in role: How many healers benefit from potency?

It's not about being perfect for everyone in those categories individually, but rather making sure its WORKABLE for everyone in those categories.

And Jawa Engineer does have an attack so isn't a non attacking healer.

Edit: And I'd still actually rather have the healer stats on him so he lives and can heal than make sure his attack lands.

So I find no merit in what you have said.
  • "Slackerman92;c-2060554" wrote:
    I believe there was a dev response in a q and a about this particularly issue as it applied to b1 and they basically told us to suck it up so dont hold your breath on a mastery rework

That's their response to most things they mess up.