Forum Discussion

WataDahmi
Seasoned Newcomer
5 days ago

Naboo Raid...

I want to start that I loved the Naboo raid at the start. It was a fun new puzzle to figure out. But several months on now I must say this is probably the single biggest chore in the game and I fully dread every week when the raid starts now.

So the question I would like to ask folks is does anyone even still like this raid. Does anyone even remotely find it fun or engaging content to do every week? Visually it is great and then theme is spot on to the movie with the ground and space pieces so it is great in that aspect.

I have 4 teams built:

•  Gungans w/jar jar at r7.
  • I have QA and bros at R5(still taking to R7)
  •  I have Lumi, Kit, KAM, Plo, Qui at R5
  • I have B2, Maul, Sidious, IG-100, droideka at R5

It literally take me 2-5 hours every week to remod and run multiple attempts becasue of the crap rng or the stupid healing is just crazy strong and if you can't nuke a char in a single turn it will just be full healed and that just means you have wasted valuable enrage and time. I am sick of it. I have played 2 accounts for over 3 years and I would regular spend on both(not kraken or whale but conquest passes and crystal packs). I have fully quit my second account about a month ago because the raid is too much effort and time to spend every week. The only positive I see from this raid is that gungan omi lets me press auto but even that isn't a sure thing and sometimes have to restart it over because of droideka shield crap.

One of my biggest issues is that from the very basics of the raid design it is built as a giant F U to the player base. Not only is every tier gated behind gear requirements forcing you to bring up relics. Even after you hit that gear you have stupid high mod checks after that too. I'll admit I don't care much for mods so don't invest much in them but even after bringing a full team to R5 which is a big investment if you don't have really good mods then you are not clearing or max score. The double whammy of reqs is a slap in the face from CG. One or the other, either make me gear or put crazy mod checks but to add both and then still have a lot of RNG is just bad and it makes me not want to engage with the game nearly as much. especially when you add in having to deal with conquest being an absolute chore and slog to get through it really adds up to hurting the game experience. Why is one attempt with my Lumi squad hit enrage in wave 4-5 but then other times I hit max score with only 80% enrage. That is far too much of a swing when using the same mods and overall strategy. 

LOTR HOME had the exact same issue, I loved the raid at first it was great fun with unique phases but then there was so much rng that I was spending hours and hours retrying for that perfect RNG that I just quit playing(funny enough a week before the closure announcement because week over week there wasn't any real improvement. If you kept gearing you could bump up a tier maybe but then it was still just an RNG fest and there was never a feeling of improvement because extra gear just resulted in the same phase but bigger numbers and still RNG.

Thoughts? am I isolated in this?