Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Negativity towards Jedi Luke reveal

Ok, I get it. There are ongoing issues with this game, such as cheating and how the community is treated, but let’s take a step back and look at this all for a moment.

We wanted puzzles and interactions from the devs, and crumb gave us a whopper. It was exciting to see the community all interacting and engaging again and give us something to look forward to. On top of that, the man was active in the discussion during the solving on discord, and seriously - what a reveal! This is something that a lot of people have been waiting years for. Heck, it’s the reason I got this game all those years ago.

With all that being said, I don’t understand why people turned sour upon finding out that we are getting (in my opinion) the best version of Luke. As I said, everyone was excited with the puzzle, but as soon as it was all over, the negativity resumed and the (again, in my opinion) awesome video got downvoted beyond belief.

I understand that people may be frustrated as there is a lot up in the air right now, but it looks like this is going to be an enjoyable event. The wording in the video leads me to believe this will be a heroes journey, playing through the events of Empire, rather than a GL; CG have also said that GLs would be released in pairs.

Can we all just take a step back, breath, and appreciate that while things aren’t perfect at the minute, we’re getting Jedi freaking Luke!