Forum Discussion

DaPowerfulJedi
New Spectator
5 years ago

New JKA Art

Idk, but I feel disappointed by the new face. If they were going to give him some plastic surgery, it would’ve been nice to get his facial features a bit more accurate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • "flux_rono;c-1978527" wrote:
    "DaPowerfulJedi;d-215503" wrote:

Idk, but I feel disappointed by the new face. If they were going to give him some plastic surgery, it would’ve been nice to get his facial features a bit more accurate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you know JKA is the ep3 anakin right? im not saying the new face is good or bad, but the comparison of those 2 doesnt quite work out

Yeah, how could he forget that faces completely change just within some years..

And the new face looks like David Bowie with a crooked wig. Why do they gave the art job to someone who can't make proper face models? The one before wasn't perfect either but way better.
    Do it like you did it with Bastila Shan, remodel the face. @CG_SBCrumb
  • I think it's an acceptable compromise between the cartoon and live action version.

They struck the same compromise with GK. Basically the CW cartoon version with realistic facial proportions.

• "Darth_DeVito;c-1978569" wrote:
    I think it's an acceptable compromise between the cartoon and live action version.

Eyebrows way to high, mouth way to smooth, chin not really carved, crooked hair - nope, not buying it.

Edit: Young David Bowie for comparison ~

• "Phrenesis;c-1978333" wrote:
    also have a look at his left hand in game... like **** is that? does he have hand cramps or something?

also he's not the only one with a bit of a hand problem. Asajj also knows how to handle lightsabers the right way!

That's the same claw hand as before. They only seem to have changed his head and his texture, but the mesh below the still neck looks the same.

Hands are a common problem in low-polygon games btw. The game has to run smoothly on older phones, so they have to keep things simple. That being said, there are much better hands in the game and Anakin's weird thumb has always bugged me.