Forum Discussion

2 years ago

New Raids & Cheating

How are you going to monitor cheating when the new raid system goes live?
I can see a situation developing where guilds choose to ignore inflated damage numbers from hacking because it benefits the guild as a whole.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    You mean like happens with every new raid launch ever?
  • "lucaefor;c-2421307" wrote:
    You mean like posting 1.2 million damage with five gear 1 Jawas?

That can't happen with Krayt. The cap for modifier 0 is 300,000. They could hit 1.5 with all 5 attempts, but a again, that's so little damage, it wouldn't affect the guild as a whole. There has been a crackdown with cheating detection and bands recently, however.
  • "lucaefor;c-2421712" wrote:
    lol it's not like I can win an argument with a moderator so I'll just bow out

You can if the facts are on your side and you're discussing the game.
  • "TVF;c-2421731" wrote:
    "lucaefor;c-2421712" wrote:
    lol it's not like I can win an argument with a moderator so I'll just bow out

You can if the facts are on your side and you're discussing the game.

Hence bowing out
  • Putting a cap on the damage a single person can do already limits how effective cheating will be for this raid.

You would need everyone to be cheating for it to do anything significant.
  • "lucaefor;c-2421475" wrote:
    I think you missed the point about the cheating part

I think you missed the point where the damage cap means everyone would have to cheat for it to matter. So it's no incentive for folks to tolerate cheaters anymore than they already do.

Again, we've also seen evidence that CG has stepped up their cheating detection game.
  • lol it's not like I can win an argument with a moderator so I'll just bow out