Forum Discussion

3 years ago

New stuff needed ASAP.

That about covers it. Need new content very soon.
  • Wym, you don’t want conquest #3847385 instead of a new gamemode?
    Persimius
    Rising Traveler
    "SemiGod;c-2349092" wrote:
    Wym, you don’t want conquest #3847385 instead of a new gamemode that isn’t severely repetitive?

Every PVE game mode CG has ever created is severely repetitive, what makes you think a new one will be any different?
  • "StarSon;c-2349106" wrote:
    "SemiGod;c-2349092" wrote:
    Wym, you don’t want conquest #3847385 instead of a new gamemode that isn’t severely repetitive?

Every PVE game mode CG has ever created is severely repetitive, what makes you think a new one will be any different?

I don’t, I just worded it incorrectly.
  • "SemiGod;c-2349092" wrote:

atleast conquest changes with every 3, the tb's are embarrassment and soul crushing.
  • "Phoenixeon;c-2349126" wrote:
    Wut, arent inquisitors new?

People usually consider new game modes / events content & not characters that are generally useless until 4-5+ months after release.
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Yeah, I've been considering semi-retirement. You could almost consider me semi-retired now. I don't raid because there are a few people who seem to organize their lives around raids and I'm just not that dedicated. If I'm not available during the first 20-30 minutes of a raid, it's over.

Conquest annoys me, being more about grind than about fun.

GAC I know is fun for a lot of people, but the game mode is designed so that no matter what you do, you're going to end up winning 50% and losing 50%. Given that, the extra 20 crystals/day isn't remotely sufficient to motivate me to do the kind of research and custom defense plotting, etc. that most of my opponents do. I get it that for some people that's a wonderful challenge, and for CG it's effectively allowing the players to create the content by coming up with crafty defenses. Saves them a lot of work. But I can't find the fun there either.

But I really like LS GeoTB, and DS GeoTb isn't bad. So I'll probably continue to plod along, streaming KAM with friends and swimming missions for my dailies, but ... the game is kinda over for me.

And the point of all this is ... that's kind of a good thing. You can ask for new content, but I've been playing the game for 6 years now and it's quite reasonable and human I should be over the thrill. If you join the game new, now, there are tons of things to do and tons of interesting decisions to be made. If they work to gain and keep new players, then even if the new players only play for half the time I have been, the game can stay healthy.

So speaking as someone with 6GLs + Exec, I don't need a new raid. I would appreciate conquest going back to being even less grindy, but I doubt a new game mode would suddenly reinvigorate me.

Old players retire. It's what happens. If we're going to have new content in the game I don't want it to be a desperate grab to hold on to players that are drifting away from the game.

If we're going to have new content, let it be because someone has an actually good idea for something exciting and fun, then program it, polish it, TEST IT, and release it at whatever difficulty level creates the most fun, not whatever difficulty level is just out of reach of the 6GL squad so that CG can sell us the event-beater character for $300.

Find the fun. Focus on the fun.

If CG can focus on what's fun, the game will continue to get better and continue to have a strong player base. If CG focuses on the few of us who are hanging on because we like the people in our guilds and one or two events, they're going to miss out on the chance to make the game better for a much, much larger audience than just potential retirees.
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2349152" wrote:
    Yeah, I've been considering semi-retirement. You could almost consider me semi-retired now. I don't raid because there are a few people who seem to organize their lives around raids and I'm just not that dedicated. If I'm not available during the first 20-30 minutes of a raid, it's over.

Conquest annoys me, being more about grind than about fun.

GAC I know is fun for a lot of people, but the game mode is designed so that no matter what you do, you're going to end up winning 50% and losing 50%. Given that, the extra 20 crystals/day isn't remotely sufficient to motivate me to do the kind of research and custom defense plotting, etc. that most of my opponents do. I get it that for some people that's a wonderful challenge, and for CG it's effectively allowing the players to create the content by coming up with crafty defenses. Saves them a lot of work. But I can't find the fun there either.

But I really like LS GeoTB, and DS GeoTb isn't bad. So I'll probably continue to plod along, streaming KAM with friends and swimming missions for my dailies, but ... the game is kinda over for me.

And the point of all this is ... that's kind of a good thing. You can ask for new content, but I've been playing the game for 6 years now and it's quite reasonable and human I should be over the thrill. If you join the game new, now, there are tons of things to do and tons of interesting decisions to be made. If they work to gain and keep new players, then even if the new players only play for half the time I have been, the game can stay healthy.

So speaking as someone with 6GLs + Exec, I don't need a new raid. I would appreciate conquest going back to being even less grindy, but I doubt a new game mode would suddenly reinvigorate me.

Old players retire. It's what happens. If we're going to have new content in the game I don't want it to be a desperate grab to hold on to players that are drifting away from the game.

If we're going to have new content, let it be because someone has an actually good idea for something exciting and fun, then program it, polish it, TEST IT, and release it at whatever difficulty level creates the most fun, not whatever difficulty level is just out of reach of the 6GL squad so that CG can sell us the event-beater character for $300.

Find the fun. Focus on the fun.

If CG can focus on what's fun, the game will continue to get better and continue to have a strong player base. If CG focuses on the few of us who are hanging on because we like the people in our guilds and one or two events, they're going to miss out on the chance to make the game better for a much, much larger audience than just potential retirees.

Not retired as a writer, I see.