Forum Discussion

Saintless77
Rising Newcomer
27 days ago

Next Jar Jar Event ... In November?

My Gungans are days away from all being r5, so I went looking for the next event date. I somehow missed that it's only happening every 3 months?

Talk about #$&@ing demoralizing.

• I totally agree.  "Here's a team you need for a raid. Spend money to get it now because if you try to go F2P, by the next time it comes around, we will have a new raid out for you to chase"

Rius_975518199
      Seasoned Traveler

The first run always requires paying. The second run, was possible F2P in early August. That was in 3 months of the raid launch giving 6 months of the character usage. Also you don’t need Jar Jar to max score with gungans. I am still 4 manning gungans as I try to prioritise my relics to boost my score overall and I unlocked Jar Jar in the second run. 

Persimius
    Rising Traveler

Not only is it not demoralizing, but it's also the "standard" cadence for Legendary events and has been for years. Insofar as any actual cadence exists, anyway.

Besides, you can easily get 2.7M in the raid with just the 4 marquee Gungans, JJ not needed.

• It’s not the standard. They have been running the Mandalore event monthly since they released it. 

Rius_975518199
      Seasoned Traveler

Battle for Madalore has previously been remarked on being unusual, I am not sure why it was so frequent but no one’s complaining. Bombad General is already much more frequent and sign posted than usual making these the two most accessible from events. Certainly can not base expectations of Bombad General from a single event with the precedent of all other events in mind. I would say they tried to improve on Dark times (GI) with the complaints they received, as all three of these characters are linked to TB/raid events the usual precedence beforehand seems brutal as it limits new content. But whilst Battle for Madalore was frequent, it was not as well communicated as Bombad General. If they had of done I would have started much earlier but I had previously decided after GI not to chase until they enter journey guide permanently. So the only commonality is they can not please everyone and they still need to figure out how best to balance marketing to ensure initial profits on new releases and accessibility for lower spenders and FTP. 

Persimius
      Rising Traveler

Mandalore event is an EC, not a Legendary, so different cadence anyway.

MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Vanguard

I'm not really sure how people do max with 4 Gungans, but obviously it can be done, so just learn that strategy for now. 

As for the overall cadence, I'm of the opinion that it should have had a 2nd go a little earlier -- just a few weeks. After the new raid launched, but before the end of the first 30 days of the new raid. Anytime between day 20 and day 28 would have been fine. The early adopters got a bonus in terms of using the Gungan datacrons, and of course any team functions best during the early period before there are tons of videos and strategy guides on how to beat it. But JarJar obviously helps quite a bit and I would have liked to see him ready earlier in the raid. 

That said, they were close to my preferred timeline, so I don't worry about it. Most of these events require a bit more than 3 months to cycle around. You might be a newer player, but 90-115 days is all pretty much normal. Earlier has happened, later has happened, but JarJar is in the normal range.